Today I wanted to share a story, #storytime, the last roadtrip I took.... with my dad.
We took so many road trips when I was little.... mainly because buying a plane ticket was to expensive and we never went out of Texas, lol. Texas is so big you really don't have to leave it to go on a road trip, right?! My childhood is also smashed together, I really don't remember how old I was, I have too look at photos or ask my mom, she remembers everything!
- Having to pick out which convenience store might have better bathrooms!
- Stopping at McDonald's outside of Texas and they didn't have a "Texas Homestyle"
- Getting sunburn by walking down "The Strip" in Vegas during the day!
- Not paying the entry fee at The Grand Canyon
- Crying as we saw the sunrise at The Grand Canyon
- Taking photos at weird angles back then (pre-selfie)
Here's a photo of him at our last family reunion and my feet after walking on the beach (for an hour) during our last road trip to Corpus Christi Beach. Miss you Daddy!
This post was inspired by MamaKatOnline.con and her weekly prompts because I didn't want to share something sad again this week, but oops, it was sad anyways, HAHA! Hope you enjoyed it and check out the other writers sharing their prompt this week.
Now it’s your turn!
1. Write a blog post in exactly 15 lines.
2. Milkshakes, margaritas, smoothies and more…share your favorite summertime drink recipe.
3. Share something you’ve learned from your husband about parenting. What makes him good at what he does?
4. Write a blog post inspired by the word: melt
5. Share a memorable road trip story!
6. Who has it better, kids or adults? List 10 reasons why you would rather be one over the other.
CLICK HERE to hop on over