Skip to main content

A Mother's Sleep Routine + #ZzzQuil Review

7pm :Zzzzz time! Or at least that's when I start thinking about sleep. Somedays I wake up at 6am, other days I wake up at 9am (days when Hubby takes the kids to school).

7:30pm: Dinner is usally cooked, served and being eaten, and I just sit down to eat around this time. And I just hate it when I forget my drink in the kitchen and have to get up again. And then by that time, someone wants seconds. Yeah, I have all girls, but they are NOT PICKY EATERS!

8pm: Bath/shower time, for the kids. I'm 32, really, and I'm at that age where I sometimes don't want to take a bath myself, too tired to take a bath or am thinking about the water bill, lol.

8:15pm: Get up to refill my drink and choose something to watch on TV. As it plays I get a load of laundry ready to wash and then usually come back to the T.V. and the show is already 15 minutes in so I have to rewind it, and annoy my hubby.

8:30pm: Yell at the girls to get out of the shower already and dry themselves and then put on their pj's.

8:45pm: Bed time and then they start begging for me to read them a book (or two or three), so then it's 9pm and I'm walking back into the living room and have to rewind the show another 15 minutes, haha!! I secretly love that part.

9pm: Remind everyone to get in bed and stay in bed! And then walk into the kitchen and somehow I have the munchies and put a load in the dishwasher while I think of something I can snack on that's not too unhealthy for me, but will also not use up many dishes. I usually turn to granola or nachos!

10pm: I finally finished that show that I put on about 2 hours ago! Cozy up to hubby with my snack and put on a movie while folding clothes at the same time and if I finish folding early I color or draw (I'm doing the #sketchalongchallenge).

11pm: Either take a shower or check my email/blog/social media time as I lay in bed until I fall asleep, which is usually another 2-3 hours! Yikes, that sounds bad.

And that's my sleep routine! How much different is it from yours? Well, I was so surprised and excited to get the Voxbox from Influenster for ZzzQuil, I took it once before a few years ago after I had baby number three and it helped me sleep a little bit. You know mamas intuition kinda kicked it on the curb, cus when baby cries, mama wakes up!

Well this time, my bed time routine was, DINNER at 7:30pm, BATH at 8:15, ZzzQuil, 30 minutes of TV and I did some drawing for a challenge I'm doing with #Cuppacraft group on Facebook (and Instagram). I then went to bed because my eyes were getting heavy and I was out by exactly 11pm! I know it was 11pm because hubby sent me a text at 11:06 and I didn't hear it because I was already asleep! I didn't see it till the next morning, REALLY!! I was very impressed as was hubby.

THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY!! Which sleep routine would you prefer? Now I wouldn't take it daily and if I felt like I needed to then I'd probably go see a doctor. But I would think about taking it a few times a month, like on those long summer days or when you come home from a vacation, your body does need to rest after that!

I hope ya'll give this a try and let me know what you think!

Thanks to ZzzQuil and Influenster I was given a sample to try out, all thoughts are my own...


Comments

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Hickies: Back-to-School Series #1

Every Friday in the month of September I will share a few tips for making the transition for both kids and parents a bit easier. This first one is a doozie! HICKIES! Keep reading to learn what I'm talking about.... I try to buy my girls (i have 3 school-aged daughters) two or more pairs of shoes; an active shoe, which usually has laces, and a more casual/formal shoe, which usually doesn't have laces. Which ones do they choose to wear nearly every day to school? The ones that have shoe laces! Of course my oldes daughter, who's now 13, can tie her own shoes, but the other two still need help. And let's be real, even the oldest one I find myself nagging her to tie her laces correctly, she gets sloppy in the mornings at times. Here come HICKIES to save the day!

Hate tying your kids' shoes everyday before they step out of the house? Hate stopping to tie your own shoes mid-run? HICKIES products turn any pair of sneakers into convenient, comfortable, and stylish slip-on…