Friday, September 18

HikeItBaby.com + Free Checklist

    It's almost fall! Who else is just as excited as I am. I may be excited for another reason.... HIKING! Yup, I started hiking this summer and I can't wait for the temperatures to cool down so we can explore the RGV a bit more. I've found some new parks that we haven't been to. I have been going to the track in the morning after dropping off the girls, but that's just not the same as hiking. But when I went for a walk the other day and I hardly sweated, it was a cool morning and a great feeling.

But that's not all I wanted to talk about! I wanted to ask ya'll to go check out my first blog post as a contributor with RGV Mom's Blog (apart of the City Mom's Blog Network!)! I have been following this blog since the beginning. It was great to find another mommy blogger in my area and loved the content. I was so excited to see they were looking for contributors last year that I applied, but didn't get to join the team. Which was probably for the best because last year was one of my hardest times (personally and the blog). But I applied again when I saw the post on their facebook page and applied immediately!

Want a hint ^^^
I attended the first contributors "Welcome" meeting, signed a contract and worked on my first post for like two weeks! But I am so happy with the piece and hope ya'll love it! It will go live on Saturday and I will share it all over, so be sure you are following me on Facebook page! I'll probably share it there first. And then I'll probably jump on Periscope to squeal like a little girl, lol, search for me @cinella_themamiblog. I don't know how to share my Periscope link, but I tweet whenever I'm live, so follow me on Twitter! LOL

So back to hiking. This past summer every time I walked out the door I felt like I was missing something. And I usually did. Tell me I'm not the only one. You know that movie, where the mom always has lists running through her head. That's me! So I told myself, once the girls go back to school I'm going to get more organized and I think I've done a pretty good job so far. One of the things I did was get a planner, not a fancy-shmancy one, just one from Walmart. And in the front I have a list for everything from Grocery List to Blog Ideas and "Don't Forget" lists. I created this one and I have it inserted into my planner for when we go hiking. It's right next to my list for tracking my miles with HikeItBaby.com.


Click HERE to download the list! Save it to your laptop, screen shot it for your phone or print it and put it in your planner like I did.

So yes, I have been hiking with the family, but also with HikeitBaby.com! A friend of mine started a chapter in Hidalgo County. Feel free to go to the website, find one near you and see what it's all about! It's been an amazing summer, we had so much fun! We did lots of new things including Geocaching and went to Buckets of Fun, hosted by Quinta Mazatlan. See the photo below, doesn't it look so peaceful! 


I hope with this checklist you can take the family out for a hike and know that you did not forget anything. You can personalize it and write in a few more items on top of the sun or maybe an inspirational quote. I have all my caps and flash lights ready to go in a reusable bag, I just need to add the other items as needed.

Where do you go hiking?

 First time posting this, but click here to see the story behind changing my blog name.... don't forget, take time to slow down and enjoy every moment. Don't forget, "Don't Say Hurry!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement baby baby led weaning baby wearing BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas thanksgiving the view thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week