Skip to main content

Thursday Night Special: Tower Burger Co.

 

Who loves family-owned  restaurants?! I do! A few friends sent me invites to like this Facebook page, Tower Burger Co. and the next day, we got hungry! lol We love burgers and since our local burger place is only open for lunch, we loved that this place is open until 11pm, great for late night snacking.

 
Can we just skip the review and just make a lunch date! Seriously, the meat is seasoned, which is one of my pet peeves, under-seasoned food, period!

So, it was Sunday afternoon and we had already woken up late. I gave the girls a bowl of cereal and we started getting ready for church. I had some laundry to get done and then we left and were still running late, so we decided to travel to the next town over to go for Sunday service at 3pm. We had a few hours to spare, so I mentioned lunch. We were driving down Bus 83 and remember that Tower Burgers was on Bus 83. I wasn't sure where it was located, but as soon as we hit Tower Rd., hubby was like, duh! lol 

The sun was beating down that afternoon and as soon as we walked into Tower Burgers you can see the awesome sky-light! Isn't that cool. I don't think I've ever seen a eatery with a sky-light.


We walked up to the counter to order and there was a easy-to-read and everything looked so good. We were talking about options with the cashier. He said there is a grain and salmon burger and hopefully a veggie, turkey and black-bean will be available soon. I just love healthy options. We visited with my mom, three girls and my husband and I, it was almost $50! I say that is reasonable for the delicious food, drinks and amazing service, almost too good! On to the food!


 Fries! Perfectly seasoned! I'm not a big fry person, but my husband is.... take his word for it, he loves them! Bacon, Cheese Burger, OMG! Cheese melted, bacon crispy and onions thinly sliced! And the bun, I think I remember reading on their FB page that it's a butter roll or something. So good! And look at presentation, on a mini cookie sheet, how cool is that. And yeah, there is no dressing, you can add your own. My own complaint was that by the time I was finishing my burger the bread gets all gooey, some people like that. I'm not one of those people, so I just take out the meat and leave out the bread :-)

 Kid options! Yvette, my oldest had a burger, she devoured it and Eliada and Annaleah had a grilled cheese, look at that oozing out. They were greatful enough to also provide a side of tomato for the girls too.

Love how the front end is set up, and as you can see, the Sweet Tea is a big hit. I forgot to ask what type of tea, but it is brewed every morning. Hubby said it tastes like black tea. Below is a view of the back of the house and the cute young waiter we had. He worked so hard the whole time we were there. It's funny cus we usually don't leave a tip at a burger joint, but this waiter was very polite and prompt. When we were leaving I was handing him a tip and he said that there is a tip jar up front and they split the tips at the end of the night. That is so honest of him. Check out the pictures below.....





My thoughts about Tower Burger Co? My new fav burger place, for sure! And it's actually not far from where we live, which is a plus. Also love the hours and excited to see if they add the extra healthy options. Price is mid-range for our area. Most of the burgers were about $8. Yeah, it's like more expensive, but it's not McDonalds! Service was phenomenal. Can ya'll see that bag?! Woowhoo for being green! It says "Reusable & Recyclable"

This restaurant actually opened last month, I wish them the best of luck and so happy that the mid-valley is getting more family-owned restaurant that we can support! Visit their Facebook page and Instagram for pics and more info. If you visit, feel free to mention you saw it on The Mami Blog!

Tower Burger Co.
505 E Business Highway 83
Alamo, Texas

Hours:
Today 11:00am - 11:00pm
Mon - Thu: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Fri - Sat: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Hickies: Back-to-School Series #1

Every Friday in the month of September I will share a few tips for making the transition for both kids and parents a bit easier. This first one is a doozie! HICKIES! Keep reading to learn what I'm talking about.... I try to buy my girls (i have 3 school-aged daughters) two or more pairs of shoes; an active shoe, which usually has laces, and a more casual/formal shoe, which usually doesn't have laces. Which ones do they choose to wear nearly every day to school? The ones that have shoe laces! Of course my oldes daughter, who's now 13, can tie her own shoes, but the other two still need help. And let's be real, even the oldest one I find myself nagging her to tie her laces correctly, she gets sloppy in the mornings at times. Here come HICKIES to save the day!

Hate tying your kids' shoes everyday before they step out of the house? Hate stopping to tie your own shoes mid-run? HICKIES products turn any pair of sneakers into convenient, comfortable, and stylish slip-on…