A few years, yes, years ago... I was participating in #CTWW, Change the World Wednesday, and wanted to share what it's all about. We truly can change the world. It annoys me when someone says, "We can't do it alone," or "the small things don't make a difference." Well, they do! I'll stop chattering and let you read what it's all about, and be sure to take a visit and leave a comment over on Reduce Footprints!
And scroll to the bottom to see this weeks challenge and join in!
Wondering how to live greener? You've come to the right place. Each week we challenge ourselves to try a new task ... or "amp up" something we're already doing. We raise our awareness, learn from each other and develop Eco-friendly skills which will improve our lives and protect our planet. Doing so together gives us power ... the power to Change The World!
If this is your first visit, please click HERE for information and a complete list of all the challenges we've taken on so far.
This post contains great information and I encourage you to read through it at your leisure ... however, if you are short on time, you might find the following quick links helpful:
This Week's Challenge:
|Straws = A lot of waste|
So how many more little actions could we take to live greener?
That's the question ... and the challenge. Here you go ...
This week, search your life for a small difference you can make. Need some ideas? Try these:
- Don't use a disposable straw ... either drink directly from a glass or use a reusable straw.
- Use one less square of toilet paper per visit. Some CTWW participants use no more than 6 squares ... can you do better?
- Turn off a light, or appliance, which you normally leave on.
- Add a living plant to your home and improve air quality.
- Go meatless for at least one day this week.
- If you're used to taking baths, take a shower instead. And if you're used to showers, reduce the duration of yours by at least one minute.
Are you ready to search out the small things? I know that you are!
Until next time ...
WE'RE CHANGING THE WORLD ... ONE CHALLENGE AT A TIME!
So this week, I'm going to create a pouch to keep with me and store a fork, spoon, knife and straw in. We don't eat out much, but when we do, I'll be prepared. Follow me on Instagram for progress picks! I found some fabric scraps in my garage and got some cute design ones at a garage sale a few weeks ago :)