Skip to main content

Fit it in! #Mamavation

I have struggled with this soooo much and still do today.... Finding the time to exercise!

Today was just super busy I didn't get any workout time in. I did do 30 leg lifts on each leg while I washed dishes, lol. Last year I did c25k and did it first thing in the AM and that worked great for me! I would drop off Yvette at school, go jog, come home, make breakfast and by that time Eliada, my 4 year old, would be up and eat breakfast and start the day. But now, Eliada is wide awake by 7am! I do have a jogging stroller but I so need to fix that darn tire. I think hubby needs to step it up a notch and help me out here, right?!

What I am doing right now is just fitting in exercise whenever I can! Lately I've been working out around 2pm, before I pick up my girls from TV, as long as I've done dishes and swept the floor. Housework kind of get in the way. The other time I usually have it while dinner is cooking. I can do about 10-15 minutes of strength or cardio. I have some ideas pinned on Pinterest, so you can go check that out. I also love to turn to youtube and do FitnessBlender workouts whenever I can. Oh and YOGA! Yes, I have been able to get some stretching in in the morning and my oldest has really started enjoying yoga as well, so she comes up to me and say, "Yoga time!" It's great!

So, yeah... my problem is putting fitness in front of housework! How do you do it? Do you have any suggestions?!

Check out the #Mamavation G+ hangout on "Fitting Fitness In Your Life." 

My goal is to do my workouts before I pick up the girls from school, that has been working for me so far. 

TELL ME, WHEN DO YOU FIT FITNESS INTO YOUR LIFE?


 And yes... I'm putting out the "What's your excuse?" viral photo! lol I was so excited a month after giving birth that I was back to my pre-baby weight, and then it slowly started gaining! Ahhh!

Comments

  1. Fitting it in is hardest for me during the winter, when it's dark and cold at the times I'm home and can exercise. My favorite exercise is running - outside. If I had a treadmill, I'd use that... For now, if I can squeeze anything in, it's at night after the kids are in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on finding times to workout, sometime we just have to do what we can when we can, those 10 mins here and there soon add up

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I'm looking around at a messy house which happens a lot. I'm the opposite - I let my housework slip so that I make it to my gym classes. I guess I tens to clean 10 minutes before friends come over ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Hickies: Back-to-School Series #1

Every Friday in the month of September I will share a few tips for making the transition for both kids and parents a bit easier. This first one is a doozie! HICKIES! Keep reading to learn what I'm talking about.... I try to buy my girls (i have 3 school-aged daughters) two or more pairs of shoes; an active shoe, which usually has laces, and a more casual/formal shoe, which usually doesn't have laces. Which ones do they choose to wear nearly every day to school? The ones that have shoe laces! Of course my oldes daughter, who's now 13, can tie her own shoes, but the other two still need help. And let's be real, even the oldest one I find myself nagging her to tie her laces correctly, she gets sloppy in the mornings at times. Here come HICKIES to save the day!

Hate tying your kids' shoes everyday before they step out of the house? Hate stopping to tie your own shoes mid-run? HICKIES products turn any pair of sneakers into convenient, comfortable, and stylish slip-on…