Skip to main content

Welcome to the New School Year!

Can you believe it! I had a whole set of plans to share with ya'll as we got ready for school this year.... FAIL! We got so busy and we were NOT ready! But I survived, I only had like 3 hours of sleep last night. But to see my girls off to school was well worth it. Well, Eliada just goes half day, in the afternoon, so she's sitting with me in the living room watching Finding Nemo! Just got some down time, so I thought I'd just share some back to school thoughts....

We can't do it all! lol I know a lot of moms out there seem like they are so put together and look like everything is running smoothly, but I beg to differ! Sure, there are organized moms, but we all "rush" at one moment or another on the "First Day of School."

What I wish I would have done before 8am, Monday morning... (in no particular order)
Ready, with their cousin

  • Have bought Eliada's uniforms before Sunday Evening!
  • Had prepped their lunch before 2am
  • Worn make-up
  • Brushed my teeth
  • Ate breakfast
  • Brushed my hair
  • Had a moment of silence
  • Wished my girls good luck
  • Hand written a note for my girls
How did your First Day of School turn out? Was it like you planned?


But one thing I hope to keep up is #BENTO Lunches! What do you think of my first one? I have done these for the girls before, just not as fancy. We have a pb&j sammy, homemade trailmix, strawberrys and oranges and pistachios and soy/orange cookies for dessert! I have a few supplies, but hope to "collect" a bit more after school starts and throughout the year! Have any tips for a beginner?? Please share!

So hope ya'll have a great year and BE SAFE!

Comments

  1. Hey were fb friends and sometimes I post on there but follow my pinterest board. Im Amy Whitaker 3kidsforme My phone is being difficult and I cant post the link. My bento/lunchbox ideas has a lot of ideas and a lot I've made myself including toddler themed bento's as I have a 2 year old :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cinella! I found you over at What's for Lunch Wednesday. Welcome to bentoing. You are off to a great start. I bento and craft on DianaRambles.com and also run BentoBlogNetwork.com. There is a themed link up each Friday. Hope your girls are off to a good school year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Hickies: Back-to-School Series #1

Every Friday in the month of September I will share a few tips for making the transition for both kids and parents a bit easier. This first one is a doozie! HICKIES! Keep reading to learn what I'm talking about.... I try to buy my girls (i have 3 school-aged daughters) two or more pairs of shoes; an active shoe, which usually has laces, and a more casual/formal shoe, which usually doesn't have laces. Which ones do they choose to wear nearly every day to school? The ones that have shoe laces! Of course my oldes daughter, who's now 13, can tie her own shoes, but the other two still need help. And let's be real, even the oldest one I find myself nagging her to tie her laces correctly, she gets sloppy in the mornings at times. Here come HICKIES to save the day!

Hate tying your kids' shoes everyday before they step out of the house? Hate stopping to tie your own shoes mid-run? HICKIES products turn any pair of sneakers into convenient, comfortable, and stylish slip-on…