Skip to main content

#Flats Challenge, Day 6 - #MAM

The 3rd Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge is almost over.  We have made it to day 6!  Being the weekend it is once again an open topic day for the bloggers who are participating so you will have to visit their blogs to see what they are writing about today.

=============

 Ooowee, I'm kinda glad that the challenge is over. I've read and know a few moms who stopped the challenge early. And I kinda wish I was one of them. I saw that some of the babies got ill, but it was Mami who got sick! It was a horrible night for me, not to mention is was stormy last night so I couldn't hang the diapers out this morning cus it was still muggy and bugs flying everywhere. But that's a good thing cus this mama is resting. Annaleah is taking a nap right now and she's gone through 4 flats today so far. My muscles ache and she gave me a hard time changing her, so I haven't been using the snappi cus I don't wanna scratch her by accident.

I had so much planned today... it's March 25th! Do you know what that means?? #MAM!


There was no local march near us. The closest one was in Corpus Christi, but hubby didn't wanna drive :( But I've kinda been stocking their Facebook Page, checking out the videos and there was even a live stream video from San Francisco (they were planting seeds in a public park!) that was pretty cool. I tried to organize one last minute, but I got too busy, plus washing those flats, lol.

If you don't know what the March Against Monsanto (#MAM) is, I suggest you educate yourself. Monsanto is a company that is trying to control our food! They have been buying off seed companies and they are just one of the companies that produce GMO foods like, corn, soy beans, sugar beets and a few more. As you may have heard we want to know what foods have GMO foods in them. Since 88% of all soy is genetically modified that is like all but a small percentage of all packed and processed foods. More than 15 countries ban GMO's or must be labeled. GMO's although "safe," according to the FDA, have been linked to INFERTILITY, ASTHMA, DIABETES and many more Gastrointestinal diseases. There are tons of Documentaries you can watch. If you have Netflix there are tons of them on there. I just watched one during lunch that is actually FREE on Youtube.

If you were persuaded to use cloth as a way to put on "real diapers" on your baby, then you should think about eating a non-GMO foods or "real food." And yes, we don't eat 100% non-GMO, but we are headed that direction!

March Against Monsanto Webstie
MAM Facebook Page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Hickies: Back-to-School Series #1

Every Friday in the month of September I will share a few tips for making the transition for both kids and parents a bit easier. This first one is a doozie! HICKIES! Keep reading to learn what I'm talking about.... I try to buy my girls (i have 3 school-aged daughters) two or more pairs of shoes; an active shoe, which usually has laces, and a more casual/formal shoe, which usually doesn't have laces. Which ones do they choose to wear nearly every day to school? The ones that have shoe laces! Of course my oldes daughter, who's now 13, can tie her own shoes, but the other two still need help. And let's be real, even the oldest one I find myself nagging her to tie her laces correctly, she gets sloppy in the mornings at times. Here come HICKIES to save the day!

Hate tying your kids' shoes everyday before they step out of the house? Hate stopping to tie your own shoes mid-run? HICKIES products turn any pair of sneakers into convenient, comfortable, and stylish slip-on…