Friday, May 3

Fabulous Mami Friday - Mom's Nite Out


Yeah! Welcome to my new weekly series! I am so excited because this is actually a "secret" resolution for the year, not just for me, but for my husband. I, myself, DO NOT feel like the most beautiful woman/wife/mother. But it's hard to believe when you don't believe it yourself.

So in this "series" each week I will focus on one part of the body/feature and share what I think about it, how I can make myself feel better about it, do something about it by posting how-to's or tutorials, my favorite fashion pin from Pinterest that week. Follow "My Style" on Pinterest if you're a big girl.

I hope ya'll enjoy it and share your insecurities or what you love about your body as well. If you're interested, check out this artile I read on Glamor.com


Love this photo!


Week 4: YOU!

Good Morning! Happy Friday.... did you know I've been featured in many books and magazines? All about being a mom. Being a mom surpasses all other jobs, IMO. And it's what I know and love. The first bok I was ever in was "Mom's Night Out, Even inmates get time off for good behavior." by Rachel Hammond. It's a great book for all moms to read!

National Mom's Nite Out 2012Since then I have attended National Mom Nite Out events and parties and it's always super fun. I also love that it is near Mother's Day. Gives a valid excuse to go and enjoy yourself, with no husband or kids. I also love to get all dressed up to make myself, not only look good, but feel good. I know mom's do it almost everyday, but not me, hence, this series.

Mother's Day is Sunday, May 12th and Mom's Nite Out is (always on), Thursday, May 9th!

So, I thought I would share some events that you can check out for a Mom's Night Out!

FIRST, Check out the National Mom's Nite Out website. You can find your local event or the list of Simon Malls that will have a special night just for mom! Be sure to get your girlfriends together and enjoy the night!
-Mom's Night Out Facebook Page
-Mom's Night Out Twitter Page

SECOND, TODAY there will be a Twitter Party to kick-off National Mom's Nite Out! A Pre-Party if you will. It is in conjunction with @MomTalkRadio (host), founder of MomSelect, Maria Bailey!

National Mom's Nite Out Pre-Party
Date:       TODAY, May 3rd   
Time:      2 p.m. EST
Location: #NMNO13
Host:       @MomTalkRadio (Maria Bailey, Founder of MomSelect) 

Speaking of fun, even our pre-party has great prizes! Don't miss your chance to win awesome prizes like Restaurant.com gift cards, Baby K'tan carriers, Craft Kits to keep the kids busy and even retailer gift cards to make sure you look great for your big night out!
Click HERE to let us know you're attending or just join in on the fun on the day of the party! And make sure you spread the word to all of your mom friends so they don't miss out on the fun! 

THIRD, Are you a reader from the RGV? I have an amazing FREE event to share with ya'll. I will be a part of this as well and I hope to see ya'll there....


Like it says, there will be products from Head to Toe! This expo was put together by two amazing women, Mrs. Benitez-Prado and Mrs. Rodriguez. Featured at the expo are Woman-Owned Businesses and is going to be FREE to the public to visit. Great time to pick up some amazing Mother's Day gifts too!



Last, but not least. Who doesn't love the Farmer's Market?! You can visit the market in McAllen (at the McAllen Public Library) and then stay to watch a FREE Movie. Another great way to get some girlfriends together and enjoy the afternoon.
Fooducation™ Movie Series - EVERY 2nd Saturday of the Month

McAllen Public Library, The City of McAllen, Major Health Food Store, The Historic Cine El Rey Theatre Foundation & The Fooducator™ along with many other supporters who make possible the Fooducation™ Movie Series as an effort to help improve the health and wellness of our community.

Come learn how food affects your health & our world!

More info & to WATCH MOVIE TRAILER go to www.getfooducated.org

Your Thoughts:

Do you spend enough time alone? or have Girl's Night Out? Will you be attending your local Mom's Nite Out Event?

My Thoughts:

Do Definitely need time alone once a week. I usually get a few hours once or twice a week in the early morning when Eliada doesn't wake up, but again, that's rare. Also, on Fridays I sometimes have hubby watch the girls while I go shopping :) So I will take advantage of these great events and socialize with some awesome moms!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

2 comments:

  1. With a 10 month old, my quick morning shower is pretty much the extent of my alone time (and I'm grateful for even that). I'll have to look into Mom's Nite Out in my area - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, all moms need a little alone time. I wish I could get a little more of it.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement atx austin baby baby led weaning baby number 4 baby wearing back to school BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge central texas challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news nicu no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining preemie pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school september series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas texrenfest thanksgiving the view things to do thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week