It's almost midnight here in Texas and I completed the first challenge! I would like to take this time to give myself a pat on the back! I did two junk drawers yesterday and two today. Yeah, I have 4 junk drawers! But, not anymore, they are functional! I did not buy anything, I just used items that I already had. I even made my own organizing divider.
So lets show some pics shall we!
First we have the foyer.... I should have taken a whole pictures. But we have a open hutch as you walk in from the garage and from there you can go into the kitchen or the living room. So the stuff that gets thrown in there is stuff that we may need at any moment. It was kinda organized before. The left drawer pretty much has stuff to mail packages, pens/pencils and our old phones. It also had some box tops. The right drawer pretty much had batteries, chargers and our camcorder (that we rarely use). I need to find another place to store the biz cards that I have in there as well as the game cards from Mr. Gatti's. Other than that there is still supplies to mail a package/letter (tape, pens, letter openers).
For the other drawer, it's kinda hard to see... but in the back is our walkies-talkies and camcorder. There is a clear gift box and I made the dividers to fit inside the box. I put the chargers that we don't use in the back , camcorder cassettes and then my ipod shuffle and batteries in the front. My camera bag and the camcorder plugs are on the side as well. There is the "bottom" of the clear box underneath and that had our old phones that hubby wants to keep for some reason.
Here is the kitchen. Organized three drawers there. I guess you can call them junk drawers. In the pic above there was tons of junk! Again, I used organizing items that I already had, including a ice cube tray to organize small items. So this will kinda be like our junk drawer now.
In the pic below I had tried organizing earlier. I purged a lot of lids that did not have their container. Also put other items that we don't need as often. I also got the rest of my cascade (back when they were free with overage!) and a few samples of dish detergent that I got from a local expo.
You are all an inspiration to me. Im learning so many new tips. I hope others are getting inspired as well. Make sure you are checking out the other blogs that are participating (and join each others’ blogs. I hope you have all joined my blog). I have visited each of your blogs & challenges. You’re doing great. Keep focused. You can do this!
Now on to business…
Today my challenge is for you to clear off, clean up, and organize the top of your computer desk… or whatever desk you have. If your computer isn’t on a desk, than clear off the area where it lives. If your desk is already cleaned & organized… find another surface. No matter what, keep organizing. It takes 21 days to form a habit. Im training you to become an organized person! ;)
1. Take a picture of the area.
2. Completely remove everything from the surface. (This challenge is only for the top of the desk).
3.. Now, get your cleaners or polish (of course, I recommend Shaklee) and start scrubbing or dusting it off. I want it to shine!
4. Get your three bins (keep, toss, and donate) & start separating. This task may seem daunting to those who love the paper clutter! I want you to go through every piece of paper. If you don’t need it, toss it! You dont need to keep utility bills that you paid 6 months ago or 6 weeks ago! Bye bye clutter.
5. You finally have everything separated. Now you can put it all where it goes. If it doesnt go on the desk, please don’t put it there. Remember we are only concentrating on the desk top today. Once your desk is cleared of the clutter, you will feel so much better while you are there. Try your best to keep this area clean. You spend a lot of time here (if you’re a blogger).
6. If you have them, use as many organizing tools as you can. I purchased some drawers to put all of my office supplies in. And, use your labeler. Its so easy to find what I need.
7. Your finished! Now, get the camera and take a picture of your hard work & come back here to this post and share. Way to go!