- Remove mineral deposits from coffee makers with white distilled vinegar. Fill the water reservoir with 1 cup or more of white distilled vinegar and run it through a whole cycle. Run it once or twice more with plain water to rinse clean. (Check the owners’ manual first.)
- Clean and deodorize a drain by pouring in 1 cup baking soda, then one cup hot white distilled vinegar. Let this sit for 5 minutes or so, then run hot water down the drain.
- Clean counter tops and make them smell sweet again with a cloth soaked in undiluted white distilled vinegar.
- To shine chrome sink fixtures that have a lime buildup, use a paste made of 2 tablespoons salt and 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar.
- Stop ants from congregating by pouring white distilled vinegar on the area.
- Get cleaner laundry! Add about 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar to the last rinse. The acid in white distilled vinegar is too mild to harm fabrics, yet strong enough to dissolve the alkalies in soaps and detergents. Besides removing soap, white distilled vinegar prevents yellowing, acts as a fabric softener and static cling reducer, and attacks mold and mildew.
- Stop insect stings and bites from itching by dabbing them with a cotton ball saturated with undiluted white distilled vinegar.
- Make nail polish last longer. Wipe fingernails with cotton balls dipped in white distilled vinegar before putting on nail polish.
- Kill fleas by adding a little white distilled vinegar to your dog or cat’s drinking water.
And that's pretty much it.... And yup, i have one bottle left! It's gonna be a sad day when we run out (but I do have apple cider vinegar). And I've been making salads for me almost everyday and this is one of the dressings that I made....
|Spinach Berry Salad|
A light and refreshing dressing. Also a wonderful accompaniment to grilled salmon or chicken. Can be made a day in advance
- 2/3 cup Heinz® Apple Cider Vinegar**
- 1/4 cup sugar**
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cut berries (raspberries, strawberries or blackberries)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Cover and store in refrigerator. Serve at room temperature. Can be made a day in advance. **If preferred: Replace with Heinz® Distilled White Vinegar Use 1/3 cup of sugar instead of 1/4 cup Makes about 2 cups Prep Time: 5 minutes.