Friday, February 8

Fabulous Mami Friday - Tummy *Update*



Yeah! Welcome to my new weekly series! I am so excited because this is actually a "secret" resolution for the year, not just for me, but for my husband. I, myself, DO NOT feel like the most beautiful woman/wife/mother. But it's hard to believe when you don't believe it yourself.

So in this "series" each week I will focus on one part of the body/feature and share what I think about it, how I can make myself feel better about it, do something about it by posting how-to's or tutorials, my favorite fashion pin from Pinterest that week. Follow "My Style" on Pinterest if you're a big girl.

I hope ya'll enjoy it and share your insecurities or what you love about your body as well. If you're interested, check out this artile I read on Glamor.com
Love this photo!

Week 3: Tummy
*Update* Read/watch this FIRST
Will I be wearing this?

These past few weeks have been a bit nerve wracking. Since having Annaleah my cycle has been trying to find it's way. I got my period 9 weeks after she was born. And since then my cycle was late the next month. Then in December and January it was off by just one day. But then I was spotting in the middle of the month. I thought to myself that was odd. I didn't think anything of it, but then thought.... was if it was implantation bleeding? OMG, I freaked out. Then that's when I did Mama Kat's Vlogging Prompt on the last thing I bought... it was the last thing I bought. And we had decided that I would not take the test until the 15th because that would be about 10 DPO. Anywho....

BUT! I did NOT have to take the test. I got my period a few days ago, right on schedule with the past few months. We figured that it was either stress or the exercising that I had just started in January (read about it HERE). Hubby had also just started school, it was the first time I was home and in charge of Eliada and Annaleah (3 & 6 months) and had to go pick up my oldest from school as well as have dinner ready before hubby got home and keep the house "liveable". Oh okay, looking back, I guess that might have been the main culprit. 

So, now that we got that out of the way.... NOT PREGNANT.... let's get back to the topic. Tummy time! Mommies and their tummy, it's a constant struggle if you are overweight or not, am I right?! Is there ever a time we are fully satisfied with how it looks/feels? There was a time I was. I was 19 and was going to college and met my husband. I loved to wear this jean skirt all the time, cus you could see my flat tummy. I use to love to feel my hip bones, lol. That's the one thing I feel for when I feel fatter than normal, lol. Weird, right?
But hopefully by the end of the summer I'm a bit more happy with my mid-section.

Not Happy:

I didn't take many postpartum tummy shots but, I'll spare you the horror. I'm not happy with the pooch area, like most women are. But since I was not very active before pregnancy nor after having each of my babies, the pooch has been there since 2004. I just hate thinking that it might never go away, which I am fine with. I hate "litfing" it. I think it's the grossest thing ever! And hubby always tells me, it's my body, I should be happy with it!

Inspiration:

Right now.... the drive is that hubby said he would reopen a credit card to one of my favorite stores if I am serious about losing the weight so I can start to buy a new wardrobe! Not to mention that he also insists that I am going to wear a bikini this summer! OMG! He is NOT a BEACH person, but I love the beach! He says that if I am confident enough to wear a bikini that he would have a reason to take me to the beach. 

Also, I want to babywear more in public. I have been pulling my pocket sling more than the others because she now sits and pushes down my pooch and it's clearly visible! I am so self-conscious about it.

Question of the Week:  How do you HIDE your pooch area?

Also.... which bathing suit would look best on me? I am horrible at this kind of stuff.


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your Husband is really helping to give you motovation. I had a beautifully flat stomach before giving birth to my first born. I went from 120lbs to 190lbs and, needless to say, got BAD strech marks and loose skin. Nothing short of a tummy tuck will fix it. Ive lost all the weight but, the skin still hangs there and the strech marks are there. Ill never be in a bikini again :{

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement atx austin baby baby led weaning baby number 4 baby wearing BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news nicu no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining preemie pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas thanksgiving the view thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week