So, I absolutely love pecans and Eliada loves Pancakes. She will literally ask for them every morning. So I searched on google and I have found a lot of different pancake recipes. I did save some on Pinterest. If you haven't followed you, you gotta. I have been using it as a cookbook lately! Check out my Favorite Recipes board for more pancake ideas HERE.
I found this recipe and we LOVE IT! Last week I made it like 3 times, lol. So here's the recipe, I hope ya'll try it out or let me know what you think of it.... WHAT'S YOUR FAV PANCAKE MIX-IN??
Recipe courtesy of:
Roger Fillion for California Olive Ranch(No longer on the website)
Chef's Note:Instead of topping your pancakes with butter, try a healthful and even more flavorful alternative: pecans sautéed in a fruity extra virgin olive oil. The fruitiness of our Arbequina variety pairs especially well with the nutty, toasty flavor of the sautéed pecans. Be careful not to overcook the nuts. Instead, take them from the pan while they’re only slightly browner than when you started. As they cool, they’ll crisp up some more. Pecans, by the way, are the only native American tree nut.
- ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Scant 2 Tbsps. California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Heat California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil over medium heat in a frying pan. Add pecans, shaking pan frequently to ensure they are cooked evenly. Be careful not to overcook pecans, paying careful attention to the smallest nuts in the pan because they tend to brown more quickly.
- Cook pecans until they are a bit browner than they were originally, removing them from the pan because they will continue to cook.
- Sprinkle a generous portion of nuts on top of each serving of pancakes and accompany them with your favorite syrup.