Skip to main content

Never the Same - We LOVE YOU Sandy Hook!


I don't have to tell you where this photo is from. And you know what this post is going to be about. The other day I was just thinking about Christmas. I haven't finished wrapped and then I thought.... Oh no, did their parents finish wrapping? What are they going to do with the gifts? Were any of them their only child? It just brought tears to my eyes. I didn't want to think about what it would be like in their shoes. The day before I had asked my 8 year old if they talked about it at school and she said no, but she did hear a few kids mumbling about it at the playground. I went on with my day as usual.

At around 4pm my husband picked up our 8 year old and then he went off to run errands. I gave her a snack as she finished her homework. I had noticed she was clearing her throat more than usual. I just brushed it off. So then she finished her homework and started helping me in the kitchen. I'm so lucky that my girls like to help their Mami! I then noticed she was coughing, I knew something was up with her.

When hubby came home dinner was ready and we all sat down to eat and watch a Christmas movie. We talked about the day and the girls enjoyed the movie, Christmas Town! Anywho, this post isn't about our day, but the night.

Later that evening everyone went to bed and I did give Yvette, our 8 year old, some Tylenol and then....

At around 3am, I was awake to the sound of crying and Yvette on top of me. She was hugging me so tight and actually squeezed the breath out of me. She had a horrible NIGHTMARE... about the "the shooting of the little kids" she says whimpering. I could feel her body shaking on top of mine. She said that a scary guy was shooting at them. And I asked her if she wanted to tell me what happened and she went on to tell me that they were in school and she was afraid of a guy and then he started shooting all around her and that she just kept looking for daddy to save her. I nearly wanted to cry myself. I told her that it was just a bad dream and that daddy would keep her safe.

But it kills me that we won't always be there to keep her safe, especially while in school. I do think they are pretty safe, some of those teachers would die for our kiddos. And I haven't told my husband about it! I know I should have told him right away, but I think it would just make hime feel as bad as I do not being able to protect her.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? or WHAT DID YOU TELL YOUR CHILDREN?

It also brings to light that traggedies like these and others do stay in the back of our children's minds and they to were affected by it. It sucks that our kids know what a terrorist to and know that tragedies like these will probably happen again. And I do believe that we can't prevent all and lock up anyone who is unstable or take away guns, we just have to pray, trust in God and put our lives in his hands.


Sorry to post about this, but it's just been on my mind. We didn't watch the news much last weekend and we spend a lot of family time (went to take pics at a local park) to try to forget what happened and put our minds at ease, but WE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.....

WE LOVE YOU SANDY HOOK!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Ungrateful during Thanksgiving?

Hubby made me cry on Thanksgiving.... The usual share what you're thankful for, he just went all out talking about how we had one of the toughest years and we were apart from each other for six months and how much he missed us and it just sucked. Ohhhh, the waterfalls!! But yeah, it was the longest year ever. Speaking of Thanksgiving.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Reminds me of something that's been on my mind....

We just moved out of the valley and guess what?! The worst part moving to a new place was not the moving. Before we moved I scoped out our neighborhood, grocery stores, parks and I joined several mom groups. I knew negative Nancy’s were bound to share their troubles in Facebook groups but I’ve never heard so many complaints in one day.

I don’t know what it is but I don’t like when people complain. I just think to myself, “Did you really have to share that?” or about an easy solution to that complaint. There would have been a better way to spend your time than writing a n…