Skip to main content

Hot Topic Friday *Coupons & Reselling*


Today I wanted to bring ya'll a very touchy subject upon couponers and I wanted to first say that everyone coupons for different reasons.... wheater it be to save money or just get FREE stuff. Who doesn't love FREE, right?! But then we are faced with the problem of where to put all of our STUFF, lol.

RESELL?

My Thoughts:
I'd like to think that the vast majority of couponers DONATE or give to family or friends. It's very rewarding when you donate/give something to someone and then you see the relief, especially in today's economy, in their eyes that they can cross that out of their shopping budget.

In the past few months I have given household supplies and body care items to both my grandparents and my grandma almost started to tear up. They do get their retirement check and social security check but they also just rewarded themselves by buying a new car so money is still tight for them. I was so happy to use my couponing smarts to give them the stuff that they needed and won't have to worry about it for a few months at least. A few times they have given me about $5 or $10 but I don't ask for it and I probably didn't even pay that much to get them.

Anywho, it is illegal for the most part. Most products (made in the USA) do say "not for resale." And with the launch of Walgreens new Balance Rewards program....


It states that if they find out that you are reselling they will take away your points. Who would want to risk that? It's money! In this photo you can see it's a seller with pirated DVDs (which is another big NO NO!) and a stack of olay facial wipes which were FREE at HEB at the beginning of the year. He saw me taking some video (which I ended up deleting) and photos so he came to the front of his table so that I wouldn't take pictures of his stuff I suppose.

In this photo you can see the basket in the back... it's full of REVLON and COVERGIRL make-up products! Also rows of garnier shampoo, which was just a recent deal and there are more Olay wipes and swiffer dust & shine sprays.

Me, "How much are the Olay wipes?"
Vendor, "Those are $5 and the others are $8. They work really good, that's why I bought so many."
Me, "How about the make-up?"
Vendor, "Oh those are all new also so they are $4 and up."
I thought to my self.... "YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"

But I love the flea market, I love getting great deals on shoes and clothes. There is actual a First-Sale Doctorine (gives the right to stores to have the first sale) that does say that once your have purchased an item it's yours to do with what you want but that does not go for most items we buy with coupons. But check out the next photo, everything is hand-welded with nuts, screws and bolts. If you can tell, there are motorcycles, planes and other figurines.


And you gotta love fresh fruits and vegetables...



I wanted to get another thought on this topic so here is blogger from Coupon Cutting Mom

I don't like it when I go to yard sales and see tons of new items for sale. Especially when it is items that I recognize as being freebies several weeks before. If it is a few things it doesn't bother me as selling a few of your freebies can help offset the cost of a newspaper subscription etc. but when it is 20 razors and 20 shampoos and 40 toothpastes, well you get the idea that I feel is wrong. Won't it be so much better to donate those items to those in need. My husband recently went on a missions trip to Haiti and we sent a whole suitcase full of tooth brushes and toothpaste (we had been saving it up for about 6 months) with him. I hadn't paid a penny for any of it and it felt much better to give it someone who needed the items rather than selling it a yard sale. And did you know a lot of coupons say, "coupon not authorized if purchasing items for resale". That right there tells me you really shouldn't be reselling items you are buying with coupons. I feel these shelf clearers who then sell their freebies are making it harder and harder for those of us who are just trying to coupon to save our family money.

I TOTALLY AGREE!

Your Thoughts
I know some people don't care and others might sell some of their stockpile to make some cash, but I'd love to hear what you think....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Hickies: Back-to-School Series #1

Every Friday in the month of September I will share a few tips for making the transition for both kids and parents a bit easier. This first one is a doozie! HICKIES! Keep reading to learn what I'm talking about.... I try to buy my girls (i have 3 school-aged daughters) two or more pairs of shoes; an active shoe, which usually has laces, and a more casual/formal shoe, which usually doesn't have laces. Which ones do they choose to wear nearly every day to school? The ones that have shoe laces! Of course my oldes daughter, who's now 13, can tie her own shoes, but the other two still need help. And let's be real, even the oldest one I find myself nagging her to tie her laces correctly, she gets sloppy in the mornings at times. Here come HICKIES to save the day!

Hate tying your kids' shoes everyday before they step out of the house? Hate stopping to tie your own shoes mid-run? HICKIES products turn any pair of sneakers into convenient, comfortable, and stylish slip-on…