Skip to main content

Hot Topic Friday *Kids on TV*

I'm going to be testing out some new potential "Weekly" posts.... First one up.... *Hot Topic* Friday! Where I share a hot topic, give my opinion and then see what ya'll have to say about it!


~~~~~Kids on TV~~~~~




Hot Topic: I have to admit I have been addicted to Jon & Kate Plus 8 these past few weeks. We have a subscription for Netflix so I started watching from Season 1! I think I'm on Season 3 right now. Anywho.... watching it just makes me think about all of the FREE stuff she has and if she's still getting FREEBIES now-a-days (I'm sure she is) and of course, the impact it's had on the kids. I then think about if I would agree to a reality show of our life if given the opportunity. Lots to think about right?

My Thoughts:
So to answer the questions... Even though it would be fun, I think I would say no to a reality show. It would really be annoying, I think, to have someone following me around. Worst thing I think would go CRAZY having to keep the house clean! lol Funny right. Ohhh, I'm turning into my grandmother. She always worries about what others are going to think about the way she or her house looks.

But all the FREE STUFF! Here's some of the stuff they have gotten FREE:
-Tickets to Dutch Wonderland amusement park: $309.50
-1/2 an organic cow from Natural Acres Farm: $1,395.00
-Tickets to Walt Disney World: $654.00 per day
- Utah house rental (estimate: $5,000), ski lift tickets $72 for six days), ski school lessons ($140 per child)
- Violin: $100-$300
-Crayola Factory Tour: $90.00
-Sesame Street Place tickets: $509.50
-Sight & Sound Christian theater tickets: $236.00


This is just a fraction of what they have gotten. I love the organic cow! That is so awesome! It would be so hard to say no to FREE stuff. But I think it would effect my girls as well and don't know how they would interpret it. You know, the whole, "entitlement" phase. Even my 7-year-old saw an episode and asked if they call "Mady" that because she's "Mad" all the time. I thought that was just hilarious. And that brings me to the effect on the kids. I think it's so sad that the kids grew up with cameras in their face and were sad when they weren't doing the show anymore. I do Youtube videos, but just for fun, not for money or any other reason. But having a camera stuck on you 24/7 would not be fun.

Hubby's Thoughts: He hates the show... end of discussion!

Your Thoughts: Would you say yes to a reality show?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Ungrateful during Thanksgiving?

Hubby made me cry on Thanksgiving.... The usual share what you're thankful for, he just went all out talking about how we had one of the toughest years and we were apart from each other for six months and how much he missed us and it just sucked. Ohhhh, the waterfalls!! But yeah, it was the longest year ever. Speaking of Thanksgiving.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Reminds me of something that's been on my mind....

We just moved out of the valley and guess what?! The worst part moving to a new place was not the moving. Before we moved I scoped out our neighborhood, grocery stores, parks and I joined several mom groups. I knew negative Nancy’s were bound to share their troubles in Facebook groups but I’ve never heard so many complaints in one day.

I don’t know what it is but I don’t like when people complain. I just think to myself, “Did you really have to share that?” or about an easy solution to that complaint. There would have been a better way to spend your time than writing a n…