Tuesday, June 12

Summer Blog Challenge - Day 12 - Trama

SBC: I've joined in the Summer Blog Challenge, hosted by Going Green with the Grizls, to blog every day from June 1st - August 31st! Crazy right? There are over 50 blogs participating and we all have different reasons on why we are doing this challenge. Really a way to interact with YOU! So feel free to join in the Challenge if you are a blogger or add your two cents if you love my blog!

Day 12 - Worst injury you've had and how it happened...

Ohh, that is a good one because there is only one that stands out. It's actually really the only major injury I've had and I'll never forget it...

So, it was a beautiful summer day. My sister and I were home with my daddy, we both elementry age (I think I was about 7 or 8, I'm 2 year older than my sister), and just playing as sisters do. My mom was working at her job at the video store and my dad had just finished making us a snack (sandwiches of course). My dad worked with the school district as the P.I.E.M.S. Coordinator (in charge of all the data) and his hours were flexible during the summer because, well, there's not much going on. But that day he did have to go into work to "back-up" some files. Growing up, we heard that a lot and now I'm kind of a back-up freak (as is my husband, which is good cus I don't always have to do it, lol). Anywho, we all jumped into the car and drove to my dads work place. We were already talking about what we were going to do for lunchh and maybe we would stop to see mom at work and walk across to the convienance store to get a slushy, which we often did.

So, we were excited! My mom only worked about 3 blocks from where my dad worked so my sister and I were already wanting to walk to see mom while dad finished his work. We pulled up to my dads workplace and we were both sitting in the back seat and my sister got off through the passenger side and I was going through the driver side. Well, my dad is (was) a big man and is (was) very strong and, mind you, very tall. He didn't see or know that I was getting off on his side. So he got off grabbed the door and slammed it SHUT ON MY HEAD! My mom had been in an accident a few months earlier so the door had to be shut a bit harder than normal. So right away, I remember the door just swinging back open and my dad shut it AGAIN. Not realizing what just happened. My sister screamed, "Daddy!" And he looked and just jumped up to see what happened. From that moment to the moment that "I" remember, I don't remember anything. I was concious and awake, but I think the pain or trauma kinda just blurred everything.

Apparently, we just all got back into the car and drove straight HOME! When we got home (no cell phones back then), he carried me to the bathroom and grabbed some towels and wrapped them around my head... and got the phone to call my mom and said that he just cracked my head open! Yeah, that's what he said! My mom kinda just laughed it off... we were a joking type of family. But then she realized he was serious and said to go straight to the hospital. So that's where we went. I was just in the bathroom trying to stop the bleeding with a towel and obviously my head was POUNDING! I don't think I had ever had a headache before, but now I had a huge one. So from that moment to the drive to the hospital, again, I don't remember anything.

...My skull was almost craked, it was just about a 1/8 of an inch deep...


At the hospital I remember actually being rushed in, and my mom was already there. My aunt had gone to pick her up and drove her to the hospital even faster than my dad did. I also remember hearing my little sister crying and remember hearing later that she kept saying that she didn't want them to hurt me. I was rolled into the E.R. and everyone trying to hold me down so they could clean, evaluate and stitch. OMG, those stiches hurt like H-E-L-L! I only got about 8 stitches but it felt like I had about 100... I'm almost positive I was released that same day, but yeah, it was a day I would never forget.

So my dad slammed the door on my head, right at my brow line, so if you look at photos or videos of me my RIGHT eyebrown kinda has a small split/slanted area, where I had the stiches and am scared. And from then on I announced which way I was getting off the car, and my dad also looked back as well....

THAT IS MY TRUE TRAMA STORY!

To read more Summer Blog Challenge posts CLICK HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I'm Shar! Your newest follower from the blog hop!

    Come visit me over at: http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    xoxo-Shar

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement atx austin baby baby led weaning baby number 4 baby wearing BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news nicu no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining preemie pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas thanksgiving the view thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week