Tuesday, May 15

Mommy Talk Tuesday {Breastfeeding}



The Not So Secret
Confessions of a Second Time Mom

This week's topic Breastfeeding!  

Did/do you breastfeed? If you do/did what was your biggest challenge during breastfeeding? What was/is your favorite part of breastfeeding? Do you think it's ok to nurse in public, covered or not? Do/did you ever nurse in public? Do you have any tips for moms struggling with breastfeeding or expectant moms who plan to breastfeed?
------------------------------
 
I love this topic because it seems it has been in the media so much more lately. It is a hot topic for many families and don't even remember if I was asked when I had my first two children. With my first I wanted to BF but with complications and my little knowledge back then (and me being drugged up) I didn't even try to BF. Heck, I wasn't even able to see my baby until about two days later! With my second born I tried for about three weeks but I guess my downfall was tired-ness and also being on meds I wasn't sure if I could BF. She ended up just wanted her bottle. 
 
I am now on week 24 of our third baby (girl) and am firm on breastfeeding! I have always known, as do many mothers, that it is healthy for both mom and baby, and I'm just so excited to have a good birth so I can be ready to feed my child during her first hours of life!
 
Nursing in Public
I know there will be some instances where I know others or I would feel uncomfortable so I don't think I would do it. But if we're in a restaurant and everyone is minding their own business then I would definitely show some boob! BUT, I wish it wasn't like that. Maybe with all the publicity it will get better....

If you have any tips for me this time around please share!!!

--------------------------------
 
 
We'd love to hear your thoughts on Breastfeeding so please comment below or write up a blog post and link up HERE!  

**This is not just a blog hop! Please do not link up unless you have posted on the specific topic!**

Next week's topic is : Letter's To Your Child/Children
Write a letter to your child or children telling them anything you want to tell them and post it as a blog post and then come back HERE and link up! 


2 comments:

  1. That's so great you are planning to breastfeed your baby girl! One thing I swear helped our breastfeeding get off to a good start is skin to skin and nursing right away! Ask the doctors to put her on your chest right away (they'll clean her up and all that right there) and then start nursing her. With my oldest we didn't do that and nursing was really hard for us and I ended up giving up at 4 months. But with my youngest he layed on my chest for about an hour and nursed right away and breastfeeding has come so natural and easy for us! Good luck! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think breast feeding is much better for the baby. I didn't do it but then, years ago we all used a bottle.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement atx austin baby baby led weaning baby number 4 baby wearing BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news nicu no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining preemie pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas thanksgiving the view thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week