Today's Menu was Leftovers, but we had no leftovers.... So I threw this together.
Linguini Chicken Ragu
1 package of Fresh Buitoni pasta $1.78 (used $1 coupon)
2 HCF Chicken Breasts $6.89 (Used $2 off Chicken Coupon)
1/2 package of HEB frozen peas $.88 (sale price)
1 Can Del Monte Chunky Herb Sauce $.89 (sale price)
Parmesan Cheese to taste
- Head 2-3 tbls EVOO in a skillet pan (big enough to hold pasta, chicken & sauce).
- In another pot, boil some water sprinkled with a few pinches of salt.
- Cook chicken breasts till fully cooked and add in frozen peas.
- Gently poor in the linguine into the boiling water and pour in about 2tsp of EVOO (so it doesn't stick). It takes only a few minutes to cook. Turn heat to a gentle boil.
- Slice chicken at this time and open your jar/can of pasta sauce and pour into pan and slide cut chicken back in and cover until pasta is ready.
- With the pasta done, drain and then mix away! (well, not too much) and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese!