Skip to main content

Day 5: Real Simple, Real Stories



Day 5 (April 20th):  Real Simple Real Diapers –  Traveling with cloth

 Welcome to day 5! Today we're going back in time to November 2009! Wow, that was a long time ago. This post was the first time I was linking up with The Cloth Diaper Report and Diaper Dips Tuesday! Each week there was a different theme and other bloggers linked up to share their stories. That week was about Traveling! So it's a perfect post to share and go back in time!

To get to the point, it is NOT HARD traveling with Cloth Diapers! It's the same thing as using disposables, ya gotta pack them just the same as Cloth Diapers! So I hope you enjoy the story (we didn't travel, but eh). If you have a traveling story feel free to link up....




----------------------------------------------

Week 1:
Share your Thanksgiving travel stories and upcoming holiday travel plans. Cloth, hybrids (i.e. Grobaby or gdiapers) or 'sposies?

Welcome to The Mommy Blog. This is the first week of December and that means a whole new month of Diaper Tips! This one will be fun. Turkey day for my family this year was hassel free! We didn't travel to see hubby's family, who only lives 2 hours away, we stayed local. All my family, except for an uncle live within 30 minutes of us. So we usually don't do too much traveling. We woke up pretty late, 11AM and changed the little one out of her nite-time diaper. Every morning, if she's wearing a CD (hubby occasionally still puts her a 'sposie) I change her and then rinse and dry her bum in the bathroom sink. She's a heavy wetter and sometimes I think that just a wipe doesn't get her clean enough in the mornings. Anywho, I put the baby back down in her crib so she can fully wake up. She's been trying to stand up in her crib, so pretty soon we'll have to put it on a lower setting. I got everyone's clothes together for church at noon. The house was so quiet. I put some hot tea on the stove and quickly scrambled some eggs with cheese for my 5 year old. Then we all got ready for church. I always pack 4 diapers (prefolds) and two covers. Then, I stuff in some Pampers sensitive wipes, a pre-made bottle inside an insulated bag, a change of clothes and a jar of my baby food. I try not to over pack the diaper bag.When I changed the baby into her outfit I put on a fitted and her longies with a matching blouse that I bought at Gymboree for $3.99!
Photobucket
We arrived at the church and put the baby in my ring sling and went in. The mass wasn't too long, but I could feel the baby a bit wet so I went to go change her. The bathroom isn't very smellable, so I usually leave the door open. A lady came in and she asked me, "Ah, are those cloth diapers?" I said yes, and I was putting on a rose colored thirsties cover, which also happened to match with her outfit! Love how Thirsties are solid colors so that they match with lots of outfits. I stuffed the used diaper inside my wetbag. She asked "so they don't smell?" I said, yeah they smell, but the PUL keeps it in and I told her all about PUL! But I had to get back to singing in church.

We got invited to my aunt's and uncles house for Thankgiving lunch... but we were kinda late. By the time we got there they were already having pie! They are a great family, they have three kids and a bunny! Well, it's more of a rabbit now, with huge feet! My aunt and I got all the food reheated and we dug in. My uncle took the baby, he loves kids. I love diapers because with 'sposies you can feel all the mushy gunk from the diaper and you know they are wet. I feel pretty confident that anyone who hold her won't have to feel that when they carry her. I know to change her every 3 hours. During the day she doesn't pee as much. Anywho, we ate turkey and stuffing and then I went to change her. My aunt asked about them and groaned at the thought of washing all the diapers. I told her I only wash twice a week and our water bill hasn't even gone up at all!

We watched the Cowboy game the rest of the time. and I changed the baby once more before we left home.

So yeah, it's wasn't too difficult for us this Thanksgiving. When we got home I transfered the dirty diapers into my larger wetbag in the laundry room and wiped down the wetbag and stretched it out over the diaper bag for the next outing. But, we didn't go out the rest of the day. Hubby downloaded Christmas movies, played scrabbled and ate popcorn!

So, my advice to other mamas during the Christmas season would be to know when to change your baby and get the word out about using cloth diapers! Pretty soon all our babies will be rash free and have the cutest bums in town!
---------------------------------

Be sure to check the next Real Diaper Week post for a GIVEAWAY

Comments

  1. When I am out and about people are always asking me "are those cloth diapers" and they are amazed at how easy they are!!! I love showing them off! Especially the ones with the cute prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just traveled with cloth this week. I used covers and Flip disposable inserts. So easy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Hickies: Back-to-School Series #1

Every Friday in the month of September I will share a few tips for making the transition for both kids and parents a bit easier. This first one is a doozie! HICKIES! Keep reading to learn what I'm talking about.... I try to buy my girls (i have 3 school-aged daughters) two or more pairs of shoes; an active shoe, which usually has laces, and a more casual/formal shoe, which usually doesn't have laces. Which ones do they choose to wear nearly every day to school? The ones that have shoe laces! Of course my oldes daughter, who's now 13, can tie her own shoes, but the other two still need help. And let's be real, even the oldest one I find myself nagging her to tie her laces correctly, she gets sloppy in the mornings at times. Here come HICKIES to save the day!

Hate tying your kids' shoes everyday before they step out of the house? Hate stopping to tie your own shoes mid-run? HICKIES products turn any pair of sneakers into convenient, comfortable, and stylish slip-on…