Day 1: Real Simple Real Diaper Outreach/Cloth Diapering 101
First things first. Advocacy is everything and the internet is a great tool for us advocates. But we could not advocate something that most of us are passionate about without knowing the facts, am I right?
So, before I tell you how you can start telling others about cloth diapers head on over HERE and check out this post that I wrote back in 2010 about what people think when they hear "Cloth Diapers." It's one of my favorite posts that I share with moms who are considering using cloth diapers and start asking questions. And... there are no dumb questions. Because like I said, we want to get the FACTS right.
Second, you want to do your own research and see all the different types of cloth diapers that are out there. Real Diaper Association has a great explanation of all of the different diapers and what you would need to start using cloth. CLICK HERE to read all about it. Basically, there are flats & prefolds that you cover with a "cover." Then there are pockets, which you "stuff." Last, but certainly not least, "AIOs" or All-in-Ones.
Are you a subscriber to my YouTube Channel? I ask because I will be showing ya'll what you do once you have a "wet" diaper! That will be fun, especially for newbies. Breakdown, Rinse, Rinse & Wash! Super easy, I hope you can join me for that!
Environmental facts is something else that you may want to consider even though some families start using cloth diapers just because of cost! You can come back tomorrow to check that out.
Alrighty, so now that you know a bit more about cloth diapers you can start telling/sharing and convincing other moms/families to try or consider trying cloth diapers!
For today, here is what I have planned to advocate the use of cloth diapers:
- Post on my local news station a link to my blog that it's RDW (Real Diaper Week)
- Call my local newspapers and ask them if I can write an "Earth Day" article about Cloth Diapers
- Buy an advocacy item from RDA & CafePress (Buy yours HERE)
- Share & Tweet other bloggers posts (Can be found HERE), Shout-out to Calley from The Eco Chic for a great post!
- All week we will be showing off our BUM! It's hot in Texas, no pants needed!
- Pinterest!! I have started a Cloth Diaper Board and will be adding awesome new pins of photos that I see during this week (Check it out)