Skip to main content

Day 1: Real Simple *Diaper Advocacy*


Day 1: Real Simple Real Diaper Outreach/Cloth Diapering 101

First things first. Advocacy is everything and the internet is a great tool for us advocates.  But we could not advocate something that most of us are passionate about without knowing the facts, am I right?

 

So, before I tell you how you can start telling others about cloth diapers head on over HERE and check out this post that I wrote back in 2010 about what people think when they hear "Cloth Diapers." It's one of my favorite posts that I share with moms who are considering using cloth diapers and start asking questions. And... there are no dumb questions. Because like I said, we want to get the FACTS right. 

 

Second, you want to do your own research and see all the different types of cloth diapers that are out there. Real Diaper Association has a great explanation of all of the different diapers and what you would need to start using cloth. CLICK HERE to read all about it. Basically, there are flats & prefolds that you cover with a "cover." Then there are pockets, which you "stuff." Last, but certainly not least, "AIOs" or All-in-Ones.

 

Are you a subscriber to my YouTube Channel? I ask because I will be showing ya'll what you do once you have a "wet" diaper! That will be fun, especially for newbies. Breakdown, Rinse, Rinse & Wash! Super easy, I hope you can join me for that!

Environmental facts is something else that you may want to consider even though some families start using cloth diapers just because of cost! You can come back tomorrow to check that out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alrighty, so now that you know a bit more about cloth diapers you can start telling/sharing and convincing other moms/families to try or consider trying cloth diapers!

For today, here is what I have planned to advocate the use of cloth diapers:
  • Post on my local news station a link to my blog that it's RDW (Real Diaper Week)

  • Call my local newspapers and ask them if I can write an "Earth Day" article about Cloth Diapers
     
  • Buy an advocacy item from RDA & CafePress (Buy yours HERE)

  • Share & Tweet other bloggers posts (Can be found HERE), Shout-out to Calley from The Eco Chic for a great post!

  • All week we will be showing off our BUM! It's hot in Texas, no pants needed!
  • Pinterest!! I have started a Cloth Diaper Board and will be adding awesome new pins of photos that I see during this week (Check it out)

There is just so much more you can do to tell others how fantastic using Cloth is! Part 2: Cloth Diapers 101 is scheduled to go live later today, so keep your eyes open for that!

 

I hope ya'll have a great Monday!

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or ask your questions on my Facebook Page, I will be sharing photos of what Eli is wearing!

Comments

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Hickies: Back-to-School Series #1

Every Friday in the month of September I will share a few tips for making the transition for both kids and parents a bit easier. This first one is a doozie! HICKIES! Keep reading to learn what I'm talking about.... I try to buy my girls (i have 3 school-aged daughters) two or more pairs of shoes; an active shoe, which usually has laces, and a more casual/formal shoe, which usually doesn't have laces. Which ones do they choose to wear nearly every day to school? The ones that have shoe laces! Of course my oldes daughter, who's now 13, can tie her own shoes, but the other two still need help. And let's be real, even the oldest one I find myself nagging her to tie her laces correctly, she gets sloppy in the mornings at times. Here come HICKIES to save the day!

Hate tying your kids' shoes everyday before they step out of the house? Hate stopping to tie your own shoes mid-run? HICKIES products turn any pair of sneakers into convenient, comfortable, and stylish slip-on…