Skip to main content

What's 4 Dinner? - CONTEST!

Welcome to another week of FOOD!!! Check out Edie's post!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi everyone!!! I am so excited to be doing a foodie blog! First off, I am a mom to 5...3 that live with me, and 2 step kids that we get 50% of the time. My oldest is 12, then I have 2 11 year olds, a 7 year old and a 4 year old. My 4 year old is Autistic, which makes it extremely difficult to get a lot of household things done, but I try!!!

First off, I would like to give some tips I use to keep things from backing up in my house. When I make dinners, I always make sure to have enough for at least 2 lunches for me and my husband left over. I utilize a ton of containers so that we always have a good lunch the next day and aren't tempted to eat out.

Second, if I am making something with hamburger, like tacos or enchiladas, I will always make it when hamburger is cheap, and buy a few pounds and cook it all together. That way I can just heat it up for the next couple of meals and save time.

Third, if I make a platter of anything in a casserole dish, like lasagna, baked mac n cheese, or enchilada casserole, I will always make 2, and freeze one. It takes the same amount of work, and I get two meals out of it.

Ok, now that those little hints are out of the way, I have a great recipe I want to share! I share this recipe with everyone because it is so good, my kids actually begged for more!

Ingredients

2 lbs. pork loin chops

2 T. all purpose flour

1 T. olive oil

1 T. minced garlic

1/2 c. balsamic vinegar

1/2 c. chicken broth

Instructions

Dust chops with flour. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium. Cook chops for 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chops to a serving plate. Add garlic, vinegar, & broth to skillet & simmer for 6 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Spoon over chops to serve.


Yummy, right? I served it wish a salad and sweet potato fries...but it really goes with anything!

I hope you guys like the recipe, and see ya next week....I will be making cupcakes with the kids...so I will post pics and recipes!!!

Edie Rodgers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good afternoon!!  So I have made like 50 billion images for my new weekly "What's 4 Dinner" post but can't come up with anything. So this week I'm going to be adding a little contest! Anyone & everone can enter! Just make me a standard size (or not) jpg image that would fit this weekly post and coordinate with my blog theme as well.

  • To Enter: Email vetsmom_rgv@yahoo.com
  • Subject: "TMB Contest" 
  • Include: Your name & blog (if you have one)
  • Share on Facebook (link on bottom of post)
Contest ends in 2 (two) weeks, October 20th and then hubs and I will judge and see which one we like best. We'll announce the winner the following week. GOOOOO!!!


Winner gets a guest post & ad space for one month on my blog!
If you're not a blogger we can find you a prize!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Ungrateful during Thanksgiving?

Hubby made me cry on Thanksgiving.... The usual share what you're thankful for, he just went all out talking about how we had one of the toughest years and we were apart from each other for six months and how much he missed us and it just sucked. Ohhhh, the waterfalls!! But yeah, it was the longest year ever. Speaking of Thanksgiving.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Reminds me of something that's been on my mind....

We just moved out of the valley and guess what?! The worst part moving to a new place was not the moving. Before we moved I scoped out our neighborhood, grocery stores, parks and I joined several mom groups. I knew negative Nancy’s were bound to share their troubles in Facebook groups but I’ve never heard so many complaints in one day.

I don’t know what it is but I don’t like when people complain. I just think to myself, “Did you really have to share that?” or about an easy solution to that complaint. There would have been a better way to spend your time than writing a n…