Skip to main content

Green Tip Tuesday - Donations?

I've been doing lots of donating recently and it just got me to thinking.... how can we donate more eco-friendly?

Well, when I donate I usually do it when I have other errands in the area. I usually donate to my local church and food bank, so when I have errands in that vacinity I grab my "donation bag." I keep in the garage, and just toss it into the under carriage storage so it stays out of the way.

Also, I donate via coupons. I saw a lady buying 3 boxes of diapers at CVS (they had ECB's this week). Well, I handed her 3 $2 off coupons so she saved an additional $6! She thanked & thanked & thanked me! lol I just handed her my biz card and told her I was having a coupon class and that was it.

Another way would be donate from your garden! I have tomato, lettuce & herbs right now and clipped last week and gave them to my neighbor because we were going out of town and didn't want the animals (dogs/cats/squirrels) to get to them. I didn't use any gas or was it out of my way!

Last but not least I swapped coupons (yes, coupons again! lol) with a friend of mine last week and instead of taking money or anything, I gave her some of my BBQ sauce, mayo & extra hot dogs that I got last week for FREE! So when you know another can benefit from your FREEBIES, "buy" it.

Have them come to you! Places like the Good Will & Salvation Army may have a donation truck that can come to you! My grandmother always has items to donate, but she can't haul all that stuff into her car and then drive down the expressway to give them the items. She just calls the Salvation Army and schedules a Pick-Up!

So with summer just around the corner and people getting ready to go on vacation, do some donating before leaving. There may be others who won't be able to go on vacation, but giving them something they need might just make their day!

I'm also trying to help out a few local families this summer... it's awful hot in Texas, so waste no gas and donate to my Chip-In widget HERE, plus you get 1 entry per dollar you donate to win a $50 gift card to pass the kindness, plus entered to win a raffle!

Comments

  1. I like this ... we "talk" a lot about giving & donating and often the items we are donating are used and reusing (or offering something up for reuse) is green. But we don't often think about how we transport those used items. I really like your idea of making your donation as part of another trip. I also like your idea about giving away coupons and/or sharing "freebies" with friends & neighbors. When I find a coupon to use, I try to always print a full page (on previously used paper) ... since most coupons don't work for me, that means that I would print just one coupon on a piece of paper so, I choose other coupons and print them to give to neighbors ... they save money and I've used a full sheet of paper. Another idea that I've recently read about is to share coupons, free samples and freebies with places like the humane society or shelters. Anything that helps them cut down on overhead is a good thing.

    Great ideas ... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just added your Button to my Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been donating ALL KINDS of coupons, as well as food, gently used clothing, new toiletries, etc to people that have been devastated by the tornados in massachusetts. The brunt of the damage occurred less than a mile from my house, and a LOT of my friends have been affected. Anything that I am not CURRENTLY using that is useful is something that I am willing to give!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to get my family to be more "green" as well...little by little, I think if we can all do our part will make a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Internet is also a great way to be Eco friendly in your donating! My friends and I swap coupons and shopping tips online all the time! It's also a great way to talk to others about swapping or donating clothes for churches or baby items so there's less driving or confusion as to who what where what time etc! I've recently meet up with quite a few people to swap or donate baby items and using the Internet before hand to communicate means I can plan accordingly and can include grocery shopping or another necessity in there with out wasting time gas or money!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Hickies: Back-to-School Series #1

Every Friday in the month of September I will share a few tips for making the transition for both kids and parents a bit easier. This first one is a doozie! HICKIES! Keep reading to learn what I'm talking about.... I try to buy my girls (i have 3 school-aged daughters) two or more pairs of shoes; an active shoe, which usually has laces, and a more casual/formal shoe, which usually doesn't have laces. Which ones do they choose to wear nearly every day to school? The ones that have shoe laces! Of course my oldes daughter, who's now 13, can tie her own shoes, but the other two still need help. And let's be real, even the oldest one I find myself nagging her to tie her laces correctly, she gets sloppy in the mornings at times. Here come HICKIES to save the day!

Hate tying your kids' shoes everyday before they step out of the house? Hate stopping to tie your own shoes mid-run? HICKIES products turn any pair of sneakers into convenient, comfortable, and stylish slip-on…