Skip to main content

CTWW - Bins!

Change The World Wednesday is hosted by Reduce Footprints, an awesome blog that I came across through the Green Blog Hop and jumped right into the challenge. I plan to participate every week and hope to inspire and spread the word so that others can participate as well. If you participate, just leave a comment on the current challenge and you will get featured on the following weeks challenge. You can learn all about it HERE

Last weeks challenge:  SUCCESS! I think I only went through three outfits all week! Including one for a wedding we went to this weekend. Not bad. I hope everyone else did great to. Hubs did look at me weird because I wore the same clothes I wore on the drive up to the wedding as I did on the drive back (I never do that!). But he's glad I completed the challenge, lol.

This week is a pretty exciting one to! Read more about it below & be sure to check out the Honor Society HERE.

While visiting your blogs this week, I came across a plea for help from Petunia GreenBeans. Basically, she's asking for help with recycling ... she wants to know what works ... what we recycle, how we sort, etc. She plans to compile a list of tips, ideas and links. So ... let's put our collective heads together and come up with a list for her. Here's the challenge:

This week, visit Petunia GreenBeans HERE (http://getyourgreenbeans.com/recycle/calling-all-greenbeans-help-how-do-you-recycle/) and share your knowledge about recycling. If you write a post about recycling, leave her a link to it. If you have some tried and true tips, leave those in a comment for her. And, so that we all can benefit from each other, please leave the same information here, on this post. It's double work but ... it's also double visibility for your ideas.

So what do you think ... are you up for the challenge?

-------------------------------------
So here's my thoughts/tips on recycling! Is it easy? No! It takes lots of hard work, but it can become easy and just a everyday thing! I DO NOT throw paper in the trash, I throw it in the recycling bin! So that's what I'd like to share today.... bins!

They are so important when it comes to recycling. About once a week my grandparents come and take our "Aluminum Cans" bin. They are both in their 70's, so I recently bought a bin with wheels so that they no longer have to pull or carry it. I also have some round ones for paper and another for plastic. Those have handles and are short. Since I go to the recycling center about twice a month they are easier for me to carry. You can keep a bin anywhere, inside, outside, the garage, kitchen... anywhere.

So if you are unsure on where to start start there... buy yourself 3 bins:
  • Paper
  • Glass
  • Cans
That should also help other family members get in on the action!


Until next time ...

WE'RE CHANGING THE WORLD ... ONE CHALLENGE AT A TIME!

Comments

  1. Having bins is really the key to recycling ... without them, it becomes too much of a hassle. We keep a couple of boxes in our laundry room ... they aren't fancy but they are functional. :-) I've headed over to Pentunia's "place" and left a link to this post ... just in case you don't get over there (I know you're a busy gal). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect! I love keeping things simple and I couldn't agree more that having a decent recycling area is the key to success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bins! The perfect K.I.S.S. solution! Right now we use cardboard boxes we've accumulated but they can only take so much of a beating and they take a chunk of floorspace. Thanks so much Cinella for sharing this!!

    I'm outlining away here, my goal is to do all these fabulous ideas some serious justice! Can't wait to see what we've created here, we're going to help a lot of people!! Thank you again #CTWW gang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'M FROM WASHINGTON STATE, AND WE USED TO RECYCLE. WHEN WE MOVED DOWN HERE NOONE SEEMS TO WANT TO DO IT. I AM GLAD THAT U POSTED THE PICS. THANK U!!!!
    ok, i don't know how to post this. i will put anonymouse.lol
    it's cindy from the coupon training, u gave me ur card. i love ur site!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Hickies: Back-to-School Series #1

Every Friday in the month of September I will share a few tips for making the transition for both kids and parents a bit easier. This first one is a doozie! HICKIES! Keep reading to learn what I'm talking about.... I try to buy my girls (i have 3 school-aged daughters) two or more pairs of shoes; an active shoe, which usually has laces, and a more casual/formal shoe, which usually doesn't have laces. Which ones do they choose to wear nearly every day to school? The ones that have shoe laces! Of course my oldes daughter, who's now 13, can tie her own shoes, but the other two still need help. And let's be real, even the oldest one I find myself nagging her to tie her laces correctly, she gets sloppy in the mornings at times. Here come HICKIES to save the day!

Hate tying your kids' shoes everyday before they step out of the house? Hate stopping to tie your own shoes mid-run? HICKIES products turn any pair of sneakers into convenient, comfortable, and stylish slip-on…