Skip to main content

Mommy Q & A - Clean Knees!

Hi there mommies! I love how with Spring in full force (at least it is in Texas) I can dress Eli in the cutest dresses and summer outfits. But what else does it mean? More playtime outside and getting dirty! I am not the one that cleans the drain in the sink so I also ain't a fan of cleaning dirty knees! Sammii's Mommy from El Paso has a question just about that! How do we get them and keep them clean?! Here's what she says:

Sammii'sMommy :D asks from El Paso, TX

dirty knees lol

my daughter 14 months old doesnt walk on her own yet so crawling is still her way of getting around thing is her knees get rlly dirty and i scrub and scrub but they still look dark what worked for you? its been pretty hot in ep so most of the time she is only wearing a onesie we have carpet? does that make it worse? any tricks or tips to get her knees cleaner?
 There are lots of tips and tricks that you can do to first clean them and then lighten them up. It's something my grandmother still does today and I'm sure a lot of other families do to. I love it because it's also eco-friendly!

LEMON JUICE!

Lemon Juice is used for so many thing, it's just a shame that it's not used as often by moms! I almost always have Lemons in the fridge! 

So here's what you do... 
  1. Clean the area (knees) with soap and warm water.
  2. Cut a lemon in half (or quarters) and remove seeds
  3. Rub lemon over area and then squeeze the rest on a cloth and cover knees for about 15 minutes
  4. Then rub and rinse with a clean cloth
  5. Mix chickpea flour & plain yogurt to make a past
  6. Apply on knees until most is absorbed
  7. Wash off and use a stone or luffa to rub dead skin off
  8. Apply aloe vera gel to keep moisturized.
You could shorten these steps but this is what my grandma does. She also used it for the back of her knees and the back of her neck! I wanna try that one, lol.

If it is too much for you... just do this:
Apply Olive Oil mixed with equal amount of cucumber & lemon juice to remove black color from knees and elbows.

So Sammii's Mommy... I hope that this tips helps you out. My Eli hasn't had a trouble with darkened skin but I can tell you that my grandmother has rubbed a bit of lemon on her knees and elbows!

Do you have lots of lemons? Here are some other things you can use them for....

Stop bleeding and disinfect minor wounds.

Pour Lemon Juice on a cut or apply with a cotton ball.

Clear up facial blemishes.

Dab Lemon Juice on the blemish a few times a day.

Relieve rough hands or sore feet.

Apply Lemon Juice rinse, then massage with olive oil.

Clean brass, copper, and stainless steel kitchen sinks.

Make a paste from Lemon Juice and salt, scrub gently, and then rinse with water.

Relieve a cough.

Mix four tablespoons Lemon Juice, one-cup honey, and one-half cup of olive oil. Heat five minutes, then stir vigorously for two minutes. Take one teaspoon every two hours.


-------

I got this question from Mamapedia.com, you should go on over and check it out. I love that I can see questions from moms in my area or moms that have similar questions. I wasn't paid or told to write this post.
If you'd like to submit a question or like to be featured just send me an email and I hope I can help you out!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the advice! My baby is just starting to walk, but at 9 months she mostly crawls. Since it's spring here in Phoenix, we have dirty knees often. I always love learning new uses for natural items.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Ungrateful during Thanksgiving?

Hubby made me cry on Thanksgiving.... The usual share what you're thankful for, he just went all out talking about how we had one of the toughest years and we were apart from each other for six months and how much he missed us and it just sucked. Ohhhh, the waterfalls!! But yeah, it was the longest year ever. Speaking of Thanksgiving.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Reminds me of something that's been on my mind....

We just moved out of the valley and guess what?! The worst part moving to a new place was not the moving. Before we moved I scoped out our neighborhood, grocery stores, parks and I joined several mom groups. I knew negative Nancy’s were bound to share their troubles in Facebook groups but I’ve never heard so many complaints in one day.

I don’t know what it is but I don’t like when people complain. I just think to myself, “Did you really have to share that?” or about an easy solution to that complaint. There would have been a better way to spend your time than writing a n…