Monday, April 4

Menu Plan Monday - April Fools!


What's on your menu this week?! Have you ever menu planned before? I've been doing it for about four or five years now. I had some questions these past few weeks about menu planning. We also got into some discussion about how I go shopping. Well, as requested I'll be posting a Q&A today! I hope any of you who are interested in menu planning will get started and not be intimidated.

  1. How much time to I take planning? Not long at all! First thing I do is check my pantry and make my meals out of what I have first. Second I check blogs for FREE items and I'm done! 2 hours tops.
  2. Do you use any system or website? I know there are lots of apps or sites to help you plan or where to find coupons but I don't use any. The one place I do check out is WeUseCoupons.com. I really don't think I would ever pay to have someone tell me what I should make.
  3. Do you ever get stuck in a rut? Oh yeah! One week we had tacos 3 times! But each day I'll do something different, add grilled onions, add a different spice.
  4. How much do you spend weekly? I spend no more than $100/week. This past month I think I only spend $50/week!
Menu Planning really isn't that hard. We also got into discussion about government assisted programs. I do receive benefits and others were saying it's not fair. Well,  every situation is different and in our situation we use our benefits to "benefit" us and treat it like our own money. We don't just spend on whatever.... Healthy Child, Healthy World posted a video on their blog about about this very issue.

So let's get to this weeks menu.... what are ya'lls thoughts on making a month of menus?? I'm going to be adding Saturday & Sunday to menu planning since we did have plans to go out but plans changed and we took about 40 minutes to decide what to eat! lol

Monday - Chicken on Wheels (pasta with vegetables)
Tuesday - Lazyman Chicken Enchiladas
Wednesday - OTE (Dairy Queen)
Thursday - Baked Fried Chicken Strips w/ Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - BBQ Chicken Burgers
Sunday - Grilled Sammies

This post is linked with OrgJunkie.com's Menu Planning Monday! Lots going on over there on how to be more organized! Definitely one of my favorite sites!

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely a day by day, decide last minute person. i'll have to try some planning ;)
    thanks for visiting me ;)

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement atx austin baby baby led weaning baby number 4 baby wearing BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news nicu no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining preemie pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas thanksgiving the view thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week