Welcome to week 25 of Toddler Talk Thursday! Where Family and Life in Las Vegas, Crazy about my Baybah, and My Life as a Sippy Cup Mom Talk all things Toddler!
Toddler Talk Thursday was created as a place for moms and dads of toddlers to come together over a weekly topic and share ideas, go-to toys, or products. It is a great way to meet other bloggers of toddlers. Each week the topic will be different; we invite you to link up, share your weekly Toddler Talk!!Each week the hosts will travel around to each blog that links up, and pick an idea, story, or picture they think was a great example of that weeks topic. In order to qualify for this you need to blog about this week’s topic, and follow the hosts. Comments letting us know you are participating are always great too. If we choose your blog, we will link back to your post the following week.
Our highlighted blog this week is:
Katie at Practical Parenting- Thanks for your great Potty Training Tips!
This week’s topic is :
Our toddler is a month and 2 weeks from being 2! First that is just amazing, I can't believe it. Second, boy I can't imagine that her tantrums are just going to get worse! lol
Baby M is a good baby and she's very well behaved about 80% of the time, which is really good, but the other 20% she won't eat her veggies, she doesn't want to sit in her high chair, she just won't pay attention. It usually happens when we go out to eat. I have no idea why. When she shows her first signs of "I don't feel like cooperating today," I turn over to Hubs and let him know if I'm in the mood or not. Most of the time I know we have to deal with it, but you know there are those days where aren't just your day. So I'll tell him, lets just go home or tell the waitress if we can have this to go. And Hubs is so good to support me. Other times we deal with it.... ahhhh.
First we make it mandatory for her to sit in the high chair. Second she has to eat atleast half of what's on her plate. But oh boy does she put up a fight. And she loves her carbs, that's all she wants! lol We tell her what we expect and continue eating... and what does the waitress do most of the time? Bring our plates or drinks and places them infront of her. Isn't that annoying? Does that happen to anyone else. Both Hubs and I quickly move the plate/cup away. Should we tell them something? Do they not notice we have a tantrum rumbling?
I'm glad to say that most of the time by the end of the meal all is fine and daddy. Nothing got spilled and everything got eaten. However it's probably over two hours since we arrived, lol. But I thank God that she's not into the kicking and screaming phase yet and doesn't speak in complete sentences and then we'll have problems.
Just don't get me started on Little M.... she's almost 7! And she has actually gotten worse in her behavior. I blame public school. She arrived with manners and comes out with none! Hubs gets furious about that. But we stay calm with her and just show her and talk to her about what we do, what we expect and why.
Just on a note: We do not spank our children! That's all I can say about tantrums because I'm starting to get a headache just thinking about it! lol
So I have a question for ya'll. How do you deal with your kiddos and the restaurant wait staff when your toddler is going to or is having a tantrum?