When should you start your baby on solids? What should you feed them? What should you avoid? It’s a lot more complicated than it should be. Join us to discuss easy tips and to learn sage advice from experts. And, if you’ve been through it – please still join and share your experience!
Our panelists for the evening will be:
- Dr. Alan Greene (@DrGreene) – Dr. Alan Greene, author of Raising Baby Green and Feeding Baby Green is a graduate of Princeton University and the University of California San Francisco. In addition to being the founder of http://www.DrGreene.com, he is the Medical Director of HealthTap and is on the Board of Directors of Healthy Child Healthy World and The Lunch Box Project. Dr. Greene is a practicing pediatrician at Stanford University’s Packard Children’s Hospital.
- Chantal and Shane Valentine (@babycuisine) – Authors of The Baby Cuisine Cookbook, helping spearhead the Food Revolution as it relates to preschoolers in America. Their mission is to inspire parents to make fresh, flavorful, organic meals the whole family can enjoy, INCLUDING baby!
- Kelly Rudnicki (@foodallergymama) – Founder of FoodAllergyMama.com, author of The Food Allergy Mama’s Baking Book, and mother of four young children. Her second child was diagnosed at age one with severe dairy, egg, peanut, tree nut and legume allergy.
- Follow @healthy_child so you can respond to the discussion and ask us questions. This is required to be eligible for prizes.
- Join our discussion by using the #healthychild hashtag in each of your tweets so we can all follow the conversation.
- Use Tweet Grid to make following the conversation easier.
- Sign up for our newsletter (filled with the latest info, partner deals, and easy tips)
- Follow us on Twitter!
- Participate in the party! Let us know you want to be there, and are actually interested in the subject.
- Tweet about the party before the party. This is not required, but sure would help our tiny nonprofit grow!
Note: Currently we can only ship prizes in the US. Still, everyone is welcome to join!
Prize #1 @BabyCuisine Cookbook Internationally inspired organic recipes for babies from 6 to 18 months by Shane Valentine
Prize #2 @HAPPYBABYFOOD gift baskets including a mix of their product line, such as Melts, pouches, puffs, etc.
Prize #3 @smilingplanet Smiling Planet plate and matching bowl & toddler t shirts
Prize #4 @healthy_child book, @drgreene's book Raising Baby Green & our new 5 Easy Step DVD
Prize #5 Committed to nourishing Generation Organic(TM) from the very first spoonful, Plum Organics is offering one lucky winner a ""Gen O"" Starter Kit.
Kit contains 3 organic varieties of Infant Cereals in Multigrain, Oatmeal, and gluten-free Brown Rice; 6 organic JUST Fruit baby purees in single-ingredient resealable pouches, and a two-pack with carrying case of Plum's Dispensing Spoon by Boon for easy, one-handed feeding. "