Thursday, January 27

Support Green Mommies!



I want to tell you about two other great mommies....

I remember when I first heard about Jamie (Wilkinson), it was researching information for my cloth diaper demos that I wanted to do in my area. I found out that she was looking for getting funded at Kickstarter.com. You set a monetary goal and then ask people to support your project. No money is ever charged unless the project reaches it's goal (within a certain number of days/months). Then you also get rewarded for "backing" up the project, this varies per project. For example, if you are a "backer" of Jamie and donate $15 you get a copy for FREE when the book is complete! You get more as your monetary donation increases. Oh and Jaime is a photographer specializing in Childrens' photography in Portland, OR.

Here's an excert from what she wants this photo book to do:
My plan is to create a coffee-table style full-color book using photo-journalism to display the concerns I have about diapering today. The word about cloth diapering is slowly spreading, but often times I believe concepts like this (especially in the beginning) come across as some activist shoving information in people's faces. Pardon my harsh description, but it's the stereo-type given. I want the majority of this book to be images to SHOW people exactly what we are talking about.... MORE.
People like Jamie are inspiration. These people are the ones that are actually making a difference in this world. If you use cloth diapers you probably know who Jamie is. Well, take it a step forward and join in on the action and you can help Jamie make a difference! We do need to show just how economical, easy, fun, cute and eco-friendly using Cloth Diapers is.

Want to know what else Jamie has been up to? Visit her blog, The Dirties on Diapering. She's currently holding a photo contest! You can enter some awesome prizes and there will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place! The theme, provided by Pamela Pilon and winner of $20 to CottonBabies.com, is "A Look At Cloth Through Modern Art." Art of course is in the eye of the beholder, so this is an exciting opportunity to be creative! The only rule is that there must be a depiction of a cloth diaper in the photo, be it a real one, a drawing of one, a clay one, etc. It's up to you! Read about how to enter HERE. Contest will end April 20, 2011! So you have plenty of time to catch the perfect photo! I have so many cute ones, I'm not sure which I will capture.



I hope a lot of you are eager to participate in Jamie's Kickstarter project! To get to know Jamie better or to provide her with any tips, suggestions, information and facts that you have learned about you can contact her through the following ways:

Or to help Jamie on her Kickstarter project click HERE.

This project will only be funded if at least $6,000 is pledged by Wednesday Apr 27, 10:56am EDT. 

I hope that Jamie gets lots of exposure, if are a journalist, blogger, PR rep or the link, I suggest getting involved in this project or sending Jamie's info to someone who can help. Great way to support the cloth diaper "revolution" and families who are looking to save money and be green!

Next we have Catherine Bolden, from The Willow Store! I recently discovered The Willow Store and about Catherine from a fellow blogger friend and told me so many good things about her. I contact her to possibly do a giveaway for this event but with everything going on right now, including going to L.A. for The Boom Boom Room Event for the pre-Golden Globes party where lots of celeberty parents attend, it's understandable. But I let her know that I would still do a short snip-it of her and the store for she is also another inspiring mom-preneur! 

founderHere's a little more about Catherine and what their store stands for:

Mom and entrepreneur, Catherine Bolden, created WillowPads and The Willow Store back in 2005. She recognized that disposable feminine products failed to meet today’s women’s standards for comfort, cost and environmental impact. For years, she experimented with creating a reusable feminine pad that maximizes absorption, while minimizing bulk.
Our Mission Statement
We are committed to the Reusable Movement. The Earth is not disposable—and we need to treat her with the respect that she deserves, with reusable products that are sustainable for the environment and our economy. Reusables are our future, and we are passionate about making a difference, for our children, and for the Earth.
 So after starting out with just mama cloth, her store has sky rocket and branched out! And way to go. Ohh and she has a "Who's That Celebrity" contest going on right now and it ends on Feb 1st, so make sure you check that out! There's still some left, and I have no idea who they are! lol

Catherine also jumped into the Cloth Diaper business and created Sprout Change reusable and reversible diapers! Amazing! And to me they look like they would be awesome training pants.

I will stop talking now... I swear I could go on and on about all the mamas that we should support and praise for being so brave! Check out Catherine on TWITTER, FACEBOOK, or on their BLOG. Also, if you'd like to buy some of their wonderful products check out TheWillowStore.com.

******EXTRA ENTRIES ******
(leave email & link which giveaway you'd 
like the entries to be applied, Day 1,2,3,4,5)
  1. Like The Dirties on Diapering on Facebook - 1 entry
  2. Follow SugarSnapPhoto on TWITTER- 1 extry
  3. Enter the Photo Contest- 1 entry
  4. Share the Kickstarter Link on Facebook - 2 entries
  5. Be a Backer!! - 1 entry per $2
    (please round down)
  6. Like The Willow Store on FACEBOOK- 1 entry
  7. Follow The Willow Store on TWITTER- 1 entry
  8. What product do you like from The Willow Store - 2 entries

7 comments:

  1. I am so glad that i found your blog! I am now following your blog and would love it if you could follow me back at http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/ Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow sugarsnapphoto on twitter (corgipants)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow the willowstore on twitter (corgipants)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh.I just found your blog from Blogelina's blog hop and I'm going to do some reading here! I cloth diaper twin girls and I am always looking for more "green" ways to do things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the wonderful blog! I have also just recently noticed The Willow Store! :-) And don't forget that you too are such an inspiration! Thank you for supporting such wonderful green causes always and moms everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm stopping by from the Blogelina Hop and am your newest follower.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cloth diapered my second son. I wish I had done it with my first. It really was better than disposables.

    Found you from Blogelina's Blogger Budy Network and I'm following. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement atx austin baby baby led weaning baby number 4 baby wearing BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news nicu no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining preemie pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas thanksgiving the view thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week