Wednesday, January 26

Day 3: Preview!!!

Good morning GREEN Mamas!! This is a preview post of what's to come?! I have a guest post today (I wanted to talk more about this mama but she wrote an awesome guest post that ya'll don't have to hear me chatter that much today!)

I introduce you to Anne!

How many times as a parent do you find yourself fantasizing about some product that you WISH existed?  I know that I spent many nursing hours engineering a magical lifter that would silently- and without jostling- move my sleeping daughter from my arms to her bed.  Or how about a vacuum snot extractor that was gentle, effective and your baby LOVED?  I dreamt of many such inventions.  And as a cloth diapering mama, I ached- yearned- and pined away for pants that fit my baby’s diapers, dangit! 
It didn’t seem like such a novel idea, really.  It sat in my brain and needled me at night.   Simultaneously, I was learning the ropes to basic sewing.  I would sit behind my machine during naptime and imagine all of the adorable jeans that I’d make my babe when I learned how to sew properly!
Finally it just dawned on me.  My partner and I were heading North to visit the grandparents.  As the baby napped soundly in our backseat we arrived at the notion that I wasn’t going to sew a couple of pairs of jeans.  No.  I was going to design jeans and jump in to the dusty world of garment manufacturing!
Hence, I evolved over the course of a year from a SAHM to a WAHM, and a design entrepreneur…proudly joining rank with the many other mompreneurs; the community of women who take their expertise in mothering, and create a business from it. 

It is a beautiful and exhilarating collaboration.  And I know that my product is superb because it was created by me for families who have the exact same need as I do!  They are organic because conventional cotton is one of global agriculture’s most toxic commodities.  They are lightweight, because when my daughter was just learning to sit or crawl or climb, stiff thick jeans left creases in her skin and seemed to hinder her movement.  They are high waisted in the back, low in the front to cover that bootie, but still look adorable without restricting bending.  The back pocket size is scaled up to minimize the appearance of the bootie.  They are cute, comfortable and socially and environmentally responsible. 
It feels like a dream to have created a product that I’m so proud of.  I feel like I’m not just providing a product for a market, but a service to the cloth diapering community.  No, these jeans won’t help your child sleep through the night or make her less congested, but they will cover those diapers, be comfortable, look cute and allow you peace of mind.

In cloth diapering solidarity,

Anne Loarie
Mama/Owner/Designer/Cloth Diaperer
Green Gamboni
Thank you Anne! I wish you the best in your awesome new business! I also want to direct everyone to her website: GreenGamboni.com! Where she sells her creations for only $39 (price has been reduced). I met Anne through CafeMom.com where she wanted to tell everyone about her new jeans and got some feed back about price and listened to her customers and I sure hope this intices families to try them out! 

Stay tuned for later today for a GIVEAWAY! Can you guess what it will be?! (NO, not Green Gamboni)

EXTRA ENTRIES:
(leave email & link & which giveaway you'd like the entries to be applied, Day 1,2,3,4,5)
  1. Follow Anne on Facebook - 2 extra entries
  2. Share on Facebook - 2 extra entries
    (with @The Mommy Blog & link)
  3. Tweet: 2 extra entries

Disclaimer: I was not paid nor recieve any products for this post! I just LOVE green Green Mamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement atx austin baby baby led weaning baby number 4 baby wearing BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news nicu no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining preemie pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas thanksgiving the view thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week