Skip to main content

Find the perfect holiday gift! Family Edition


Here is my first post of this years, well, actually this is my first year I will be doing this, but I plan to do this every year. Why? Because I have a very difficult time to choose what to give my friends and family this year. Also, this year my husband and I were invited to a secret santa party and I'm actually kinda nervous! lol Also I may win a $25 gift card for writing this post.

This first post will be what I plan on getting my mother! A Food Processor. My mother is a complicated person. She loves her work, she's a Teacher's Assistant and Co-Teacher for the Special Education Department in our district, she also loves her family and our creator, God. She never says no when people ask her to help out with something. She gives so much of herself to others and God. After work she doesn't come home, she visits her elderly parents and helps out as much she can with that. Then she finally comes home and if she has time she will eat a sensible dinner. The other day we were at Macy's and I showed her that I myself bought a food processor recently for the soul purpose of helping me make salads faster. She said that she really didn't see the need for one, but it would be a great convenience to help her out when she makes dinner.

Today there are so many different styles of Food Processors. These are my three favorites at OverStock.com, which is where I will be doing lots of my Christmas shopping from this year.



The first one pictured is the KitchenAid RKFP750ER Empire Red 12-cup Ultra Wide Processor. This one is on the pricey side. It goes for $139.99. The upgraded newer model is over $200. This one you can chop, dice and mince! Mincing is very important in my culture. We make lots of salsa and we are always mincing. It is much better to mince in a food processor than by hand, believe me!

The second one is the Hamilton Beach 70610 Big Mouth Food Processor, $42.99. If you have a big mouth and need to quite it down, this one will do wonders! It will leave you speechless as to all the awesome things it can do. This one is similar to the one I purchased because you can "process" a whole tomato or like in the picture, a cucumber. Just cut off the ends and you are good to go!

The third one is the next one I plan on getting next! It's the Wolfgang Puck BBLFP050 Red 3-in-1 Blender, Food Processor and Juicer! Mid priced at $62.99 it might be the one I'm going to get my mommy! Like it says it's a 3-in-1! The ones that I would compare to this would be way over $100.
So, if you don't know what to get the food lover or know someone who is always complaining about not having enough time, head on over to Overstock.com and check out their Food Processor section under the Appliance section.

The best thing about food processors is that they are very dependable. From the people that I know have food processors is that they still have the very first one they bought and they still work. I still have the one that we got as a wedding gift and it still works, my sister stole it. Nah, I let her borrow it as a gift to her new apartment. That's another thing, these are great gifts for newlyweds, open houses or as a welcome gift to a new neighbor or what-not. It's also a great hand-me down when you are ready or want to get an upgrade.

Stay-tuned for next week's post and you might just find the perfect holiday gift for the special person in your family at Overstock.com. Want to learn more or maybe get some more insight, specials or coupons follow them on Twitter or like them on Facebook. Here is the ordering deadline schedule for this year:


Holiday Return Policy
  • We will give you a full refund on new and unopened items that you purchase Nov. 1 – Dec. 31, if you return them within 30 days of delivery, or by Jan. 31, whichever date is later.
  • You cannot return items we ship to APO/FPO addresses.
  • All other conditions of our Standard Return Policy apply
I'm a participant in Overstocks’ Online Scavenger Hunt. This blog post is my own words, but I may be receiving a gift card for my opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Ungrateful during Thanksgiving?

Hubby made me cry on Thanksgiving.... The usual share what you're thankful for, he just went all out talking about how we had one of the toughest years and we were apart from each other for six months and how much he missed us and it just sucked. Ohhhh, the waterfalls!! But yeah, it was the longest year ever. Speaking of Thanksgiving.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Reminds me of something that's been on my mind....

We just moved out of the valley and guess what?! The worst part moving to a new place was not the moving. Before we moved I scoped out our neighborhood, grocery stores, parks and I joined several mom groups. I knew negative Nancy’s were bound to share their troubles in Facebook groups but I’ve never heard so many complaints in one day.

I don’t know what it is but I don’t like when people complain. I just think to myself, “Did you really have to share that?” or about an easy solution to that complaint. There would have been a better way to spend your time than writing a n…