Thursday, November 18

30 Day Cloth Diapering Challenge *Day 9*


Variety! Oh my, there are just so many different choices that you can choose from sometimes it's so hard to pick you just want to buy all of them. And beleive me, there are moms (and dads) who do! I have quite a big variety myself. I have organic, I have prefolds, I have AIO's and more... Today I'm just going to go over the basic ones. Maybe this will help you out in which one you would be more comfortable with.

Prefold & Diaper Cover: With this system you have a diaper cover and a prefold. This comes the closest to how cloth diapers use to be (this is what I used to begin with). You buy a prefolded diaper (so many ways to fold) and set it in place onto your baby and then cover it with a waterproof cover. This can also be the cheapest way to cloth diaper.

Pocket Diaper: I also find myself using these a bit more often because you can add extra absorbency layers, for example, at night time. A great money saving tip is to not buy extras from the manufacturer, just make your own! Super easy and lots of resources that show you how like youtube.com. When you buy a pocket diaper new (and most of the time used as well) they come with a insert.

All-in-One Diaper: This diaper is also known as the "Daddy friendly Diaper" or AIO as you may have caught on by now. An All-in-One diaper is compared to disposables because it is so easy to put on your baby. No need to add a cover or any inserts, you just slap it on or snap it on. Of course, these are the one my hubby loves to use. I am not too fond of them only because of the price! I always get sticker shock even though I know they will run higher than pockets or AI2's.

Then there are all the hybrids that are coming out. Some well known are gdiapers which I have quite a few of but they aren't my favorite... I'll write a whole other post about them. Hybrids are diapers that you can choose either reusable or disposable inserts. You can either snap them in, stuff them or just lay in. You type in cloth diapers in a web search and you will see so many different kinds. There is a whole market of mama-made diapers. Those are the most adorable diapers!

The only thing to consider is fit. There are also lots of mamas who like fitteds (elastic almost all the way around the diaper) because they fit their chunky or thin babies better. Some diapers are just not made right for all types of babies. So don't go and buy all diapers because they can be tight on babies or the velcro can run their little bellies. Boo hoo!

I hope I shed some light on the different kinds of diapers out there. If you've heard of one that you really want me to talk about just let me know. I'll also be going over laundry, don't worry. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. I've been CDing for 9 months now and am still trying to familiarize myself with the different types of cloth diapers. I use gDiapers mostly and they have their drawbacks, but overall I love them. I don't use the gDiaper inserts and have converted most of my diapers to snaps, they are not very dad friendly because of all the parts (unless you have one of those husbands who are really into cloth). But I find them much easier to clean when the diaper is messy, and that is a big deal for me. I also love the fit. They are by far the trimmest CD I've found and they don't make his pants too tight like some of his other CDs. Anyway, thanks for writing such awesome cloth diapering posts. I really enjoy reading! www.ohsosavvymom.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement atx austin baby baby led weaning baby number 4 baby wearing BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news nicu no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining preemie pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas thanksgiving the view thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week