Skip to main content

30 Day Cloth Diapering Challenge *Day 17*

Welcome to Day 17 of the Cloth Diapering Challenge. The previous posts can be found HERE. This Diaper Challenge came about when Natalie Del Conte did a segment on Eye on Parenting on CBS. She got bombarded with comments and accepted the challenge to try cloth diapers for 30 days. You can view her blog HERE as she has a few posts about how she's doing. I will be posting, trips, stories, pictures and more about cloth diapers as she goes through the challenge. I also hope to help, influence and bust some myths about cloth diapers for other families out there.

My Story:
My name is Cinella, and no I'm not named after anyone, my mom just made up my name and I love it! :D I am 26 years old, I think, and I am married to the love of my life. I have two wonderful monkeys, I mean daughters, lol. 6 years old, who I did not cloth diaper because I didn't know they were still around, and a 20 month old who is way different than the eldest, who I cloth diapered since she was about 5 months old. I live in a small town in way way way south Texas, about 15 minutes from the Mexican border. I love to reuse things and be as green as can be but there isn't much support down here and I still get weird looks when I "wear" my baby.

Why Cloth Diapers: Well, it first came about when I started blogging. I started blogging to lose weight, I joined ediets and then found the blogging world. I was losing weight because my doctor called me fat and I wanted to have a second child. After losing 20 lbs I was pregnant! Then my father in law past away, my husband lost his job and my then 4 year old was starting school! So I found support and then I found cloth diapers! We would save money and be eco-friendly.

Do you know anyone who uses Cloth Diapers: No! I don't know anyone that uses. I did meet two families at last years Baby Expo who uses gDiapers, only because that's what readily available at our local Babies 'R Us.

What is my favorite diaper: ALL OF THEM! Prefolds, AIO's, hybrids. I love them all. We first started using covers and prefolds and then I fell in love with Thirsties, but then I started buying seconds from mamas on Diaper Swappers and we just use them all now.

Does your family support your decision to CD: Yes and no. My husband will use them and tell everyone about them, and when our family babysits they say they will use the cloth diapers but they always end up using the sposies that we supply them with. Maybe we will stop putting them in the diaper bag. My mother.... won't put them on her. But she does agree that they are adorable and affordable and loves that I use them!

What would i like to tell other about Cloth Diapers: I'd like to tell them that it's not as hard as it use to be or looks. It's not only your babies bum, but it's your pocket book also. I see lots of families buying the cheapest diaper because they are expensive. If you can't afford a whole stash of cloth diapers then just buy a few or ask for help, like the Cloth Diaper Foundation. And there is support out there, just ask.

What do you like most and what is your biggest challenge with Cloth Diapers: I love that we are not contributing to that massive poop pile in our cities dumping grounds! I absolutely love that. And what I find most challenging is that I can't always have my babies fluffy bum exposed at all times so that everyone can see it! It does get cold and hubby likes her to be in an outfit that somewhat covers her bum, lol.

I hope you all enjoyed my cloth diapering story. Please email me if you'd like to be featured this week along with other mamas who are new to using cloth diapers. We all just got to stick together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Ungrateful during Thanksgiving?

Hubby made me cry on Thanksgiving.... The usual share what you're thankful for, he just went all out talking about how we had one of the toughest years and we were apart from each other for six months and how much he missed us and it just sucked. Ohhhh, the waterfalls!! But yeah, it was the longest year ever. Speaking of Thanksgiving.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Reminds me of something that's been on my mind....

We just moved out of the valley and guess what?! The worst part moving to a new place was not the moving. Before we moved I scoped out our neighborhood, grocery stores, parks and I joined several mom groups. I knew negative Nancy’s were bound to share their troubles in Facebook groups but I’ve never heard so many complaints in one day.

I don’t know what it is but I don’t like when people complain. I just think to myself, “Did you really have to share that?” or about an easy solution to that complaint. There would have been a better way to spend your time than writing a n…