Skip to main content

Ready to Serve! Review

Minute Rice as been a staple for our family since I can remember. I remember being a little girl going over to grandmas house and seeing that recognizable red box in the cupboard. So now when we go to the store we always read for the Minute Rice box. But then I started seeing these "Ready to Serve!" packs and I thought I'd give them a try.

When I go shopping I don't go without a list and I always think ahead to see if this would work in a meal I have planned for the week. Of course, rice goes with almost everything! The number one thing we have with rice is a beef or chicken stir-fry. Both hubby and daughter love Chinese cuisine. So that's what I used the rice for. Oh and they have both a white and brown rice; there are also other varieties and they vary by store.

So I got to cooking and love that when I was doing with the stir-fry the rice was ready. All I had to do was add water, a little butter and seasoning for a little extra flavor and then pour the rice into a dish and it's ready to serve. This week I split each container to serve along side our tacos! Yummy.

Cost: Very Affordable: $0.01 - $3
You can visit Minute Rice and see what coupons they have to offer and save even more off the shelf price.

Preparation: Easy Peasy
Preperation for Minute Rice Ready to Serve! is a sinch. All you have to do is remove the covering and fill with water to the "Fill line" and you're ready to go.

Cooking
Time
: 1 MINUTE!
Really, this product does cook and absorb all the water in one minute! It's like magic. If you like extra fluffy rice just leave it to sit in the microwave while your other food finished cooking and you will have extra fluffy rice.

Texture
: Al Dente
After the rice has cooked and cooled the texture of the rice is perfect. No additional cooking time was required.

Taste
: A bit dirty
At first, with no spices. The rice has that dirty taste. I do not mean this in a bad sense but it tastes fresh and natural. I love that you can make it taste as you like once it is done cooking. You can add any kind of spices

Absorption
: Excellent
The absorption of the Ready to Serve! rice is excellent. You don't have to add extra water or less so that you get perfect rice.

Overall
: Extra Large Star
The overall rating of Minute Rice "Ready to Serve!" gets a Extra Large star rating. This product does what it says... cooks rice in one minute...

There are so many varieations to this one product. I know my grandpa likes to enjoy it right out of the container with some salsa. You can also have it with scrambled eggs. Head on over to the website and see what other promotions, recipes and coupons are available, just click HERE.

"Minute Ready to Serve rice brings convenience and nutrition to your meals."This review was not sponsored, all thoughts and reviews are my own.

NOTE: If there is something that you'd like me to consider or suggest a product for me to review, use the Contact link at the top of the page or leave a comment here. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Ungrateful during Thanksgiving?

Hubby made me cry on Thanksgiving.... The usual share what you're thankful for, he just went all out talking about how we had one of the toughest years and we were apart from each other for six months and how much he missed us and it just sucked. Ohhhh, the waterfalls!! But yeah, it was the longest year ever. Speaking of Thanksgiving.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Reminds me of something that's been on my mind....

We just moved out of the valley and guess what?! The worst part moving to a new place was not the moving. Before we moved I scoped out our neighborhood, grocery stores, parks and I joined several mom groups. I knew negative Nancy’s were bound to share their troubles in Facebook groups but I’ve never heard so many complaints in one day.

I don’t know what it is but I don’t like when people complain. I just think to myself, “Did you really have to share that?” or about an easy solution to that complaint. There would have been a better way to spend your time than writing a n…