With this heat that is sweeping the nation I thought I'd share some green tips on how to stay cool.
- POOL TIME: And no, I don't mean going to the public pool. We hardly ever go to public pools because they are full of chemicals and all sorts of other goodies (if your local public pool is cleaned regularly, please feel free to take a dip). Grap the old slip n slide or just a regular ol' sheet and lay it outside. Grab your hose and fill up a few buckets or your sandbox. Only go out early in the morn or early evening.
- PITCH A TENT: Who says you need to leave your home to have a great camping trip. We've done this several times already this summer. Grab some organic popcorn and led flashlight and tell stories. This can be done inside or outside.
- MAKE ICECREAM/SNO CONES: Have each member of your family pick a fruit from their local farmers market and make ice cream. I like making sno cones with lime or watermelon! Don't need to go out and buy an ice cream maker if you can just crush ice with... anything!
- GAME NIGHT: Have an old fashion game night. Play hang-man, tic-tac-toe with life-sized items. Almost everyone already has alphabet flash cards, or make your own for hang-man. Use home made bean bags to play tic-tac-toe.
- DRIVE-IN: Going to a drive-in has always been one of my favorite past times! If you haven't taken your kiddos, I'm sure they'll love it as well. Usually there is only a price per car and you can bring your own snacks! Also a great time to spend it with your significant other.
Still going out.... please remember to travel with your reusable drink containers and appropriate snacks for everyone, even mom & dad! Sometimes we can be so "green" while traveling. I got an email from Johnson & Johnson with Sun Tips.
Enjoy the summery weather!