Skip to main content

Starkist Tuna Creations Review + Recipe

Now that it is the Lenten season I thought I would share a fast and quick recipe with you. And since I have been employed part-time I thought I would share with you a recipe I have taken with me to work. Ever since StarKist Tuna came out with the portable, easy to open pouches I thought why would you want to take away the "can opener" from your picnics and what not. But I never thought about how easy they would be because you don't have to drain the water/oil like you do when you buy canned tuna. So even though I use this recipe at work any mom can use this recipe when she doesn't find time to make a full sized lunch for herself. It's light, tasty and fast! You can't beat that. My five year old adores them as well. She's the one that gave me the idea to top the wraps with pecans and cranberries!

Vocal Point sent me an email one day with a $1.00 off coupon any StarKist Creations pouch. And I printed it and went to my local grocery store right away and guess what! They pouches were on sale for $.98. So I got the pouch for FREE! I wish I could have printed more. Everybody loves the word FREE, or at least I do.

To get down to the review here is what StarKist has to say about their new Flavor Fresh Pouch:

With StarKist Creations™, marinated tuna is sealed in a Flavor Fresh Pouch so you can create easy, delicious meals.

  • No draining, no mess
  • Low in fat and as little as
    60 calories per serving*
  • High in protein and Omega–3's
  • Available in 6 varieties:
Herb & Garlic Tuna
Hickory Smoked Tuna
Sweet & Spicy Tuna
Lemon Pepper Tuna
Tomato Pesto Albacore Tuna
Mango Chipotle Salmon

I love the variety of all the flavors that they come in. I've used the Sweet n spice before in this lettuce wrap recipe and served it with a side of miso soup... YUM! I've used the Lemon Pepper to mix in with rice and it makes a complete meal. So here is my recipe for my Lettuce Wraps.

~~~~~~Lettuce Wraps~~~~~~

Ingredients:
1 (4.5 oz.) pouch StarKist Tuna Creations®, any variety
4 pieces of iceberg or Romaine lettuce
1 tomato (diced)
1/4 cup matchstick carrots
2 tsp mayonnaise (optional)
1/4 cup chopped pecans or cashews
1/4 cup cranberries (optional)

Directions:

Place lettuce leaves on plate. Top lettuce with carrots and tomato. Place 1/4 of the Tuna Creations® on each lettuce wrap. Top with cranberries and nuts. Wrap tightly and eat.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Serves: 2

~~~~~~REVIEW~~~~~~

Cost: Very Affordable: $0.01 - $3
Price on the Starkist Tuna is Very Affordable. You can find them at your local grocery store. If they don't carry them let your grocery store know and I'm almost sure that they will get them. When not on sale I found the tuna pouches to range anywhere between $.98 - $1.27
Very Affordable: $0.01 - $3

Preparation: EASY
There is literally no prep required to eat the StarKist Tuna Creations. You can even eat them out of the pouch with crackers or chips.

Texture
: Nice n Flaky! Just what you expect fresh tuna to taste like. If you add any type of sauce or liquid it may break down the flaky-ness. So I suggest not to mix too much.

Taste
: StarKist Tuna Creations come in 6 different flavors. So there is one for everyone. My husband always adds more pepper to the Lemon Pepper flavor, but it doesn't need it. They are jam packed with enough flavor for the average person... lol

Overall:
EXTRA LARGE! I love Starkist Tuna Creation pouches. They are cheap, full of flavor, versatile and everyone loves them. Try them out today!


NOTE: If there is something that you'd like me to consider or suggest a product for me to review, use the Contact link at the top of the page or leave a comment here. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

I received a coupon to purchase the tuna for this review from Vocal Point & Starkist Tuna.

The recipe and review on Starkist Tuna is my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Hickies: Back-to-School Series #1

Every Friday in the month of September I will share a few tips for making the transition for both kids and parents a bit easier. This first one is a doozie! HICKIES! Keep reading to learn what I'm talking about.... I try to buy my girls (i have 3 school-aged daughters) two or more pairs of shoes; an active shoe, which usually has laces, and a more casual/formal shoe, which usually doesn't have laces. Which ones do they choose to wear nearly every day to school? The ones that have shoe laces! Of course my oldes daughter, who's now 13, can tie her own shoes, but the other two still need help. And let's be real, even the oldest one I find myself nagging her to tie her laces correctly, she gets sloppy in the mornings at times. Here come HICKIES to save the day!

Hate tying your kids' shoes everyday before they step out of the house? Hate stopping to tie your own shoes mid-run? HICKIES products turn any pair of sneakers into convenient, comfortable, and stylish slip-on…