Skip to main content

Out of the Box Review - Candles

Ahhh! The smell of scented candles. Did you know they smell better if they are home made? Well, when I won the January box of Out Of The Box Sampler I got 8 homemade candles... all sorts.

The first ones that I used were the Triple Scented Soy Creations that were made by Anam Cara Candles. I received two soy tarts in Rasberry and Satsuma fruit smells. And guess what! I had just got a burner for Christmas. I first burned the Satsuma because I hadn't heard of that before. I has a very berry smell to it. The house smelled like Christmas for three days! That is pretty good I'd say. You can buy a pack of six for only $5 at her store. So Thumbs Up from me! ON her website she has so many scents and Paulina Buncic (owner/creator) sais that you can email her with questions any time and will respond within 48 hours. All her candles are made fresh and ships fast. So give a GREEN gift this year. Order some Soy tarts from Anam Cara Candles.

The next candles I received were from Alexis & Jim Grimm "Candlemakers." They run a store out of Etsy.com. I also received two tarts from them; Velvet Vanilla and Frostberry. I loved the frostberry. I had my neighbor come visit the day I was burning it and she loved it so much. I gave her both of the tarts so she could try out. She absolutely loved them! She use to make potpourri, but she said this smells a lot better, not as strong as potpourri. I even think she ordered a few for gifts next Christmas. And if you live in the Idaho Falls area.... contact to get a discount on refills!
Come and browse my hand poured and hand made creations. My candles have a very unique look to them AND I carry very unique SCENTS THAT EVEN MEN WILL LOVE!
Over at T&D Candles "Made to order one of a kind works of art" I received a nice votive candle in a cinnamon scent. The cinnamon was not as pure as I would have liked it, but the candle looked beautiful. You can see the depth of color change from pink to red to burgundy, which is one of my favorite colors.
All of our candles are individually handcrafted in a designer marble style, so you will find that no two candles are the same. We use the finest paraffin wax, available in a wide variety of colors, and a 100% cotton wick.
You can get all sorts of shapes from T&D Candles. I like the moon shaped one. Head on over to T&D Candles and make your order today. You can have your cancle be solid or marbled and pick the scent you desire.

Next up is Myling's Purr-Fect Candles... Hand Purred by Donna. I received "Essence of Jesus" in my sample box. To be honest I wish I had gotten another scent. This one is to "tart" for me! haha. This smell might be good for the bathroom so that it overpowers other smells. It is a good strudy smell. MyLing's Purr-fect candles are hand purred by Donna in North Carolina and she has a varitey of candles, tarts, tealights and votive candles. There are a variety of scents availalbe. Prices vary as does shipping costs. You can order from different size jars as well. So head on over see if you like anything and place your order. Enjoy!

Next up is Delightful Scents. I received Cinnamon Sticks Soy tart/melt. These to are handcrafted soy candles and made in Michigan! The soy tarts come in different shapes (heart, square or daisy) The price is not bad at all... and if you buy more than one scent you can get a discounted shipping rate or Delightful Scents will refund your paypal account. Not many businesses do that. The melt was one of the top ones on my list. The smell of cinnamon was very pungent and lasted for days. The heart is a soft shape and is easy to look at. They are very delicate looking. These would be great for adding to a gift basket because they are small and dainty. Two thumbs up!

Last but certainly not least is a wax tart from Ugly Duckling Designs in Fuit Lupes scent. And let me tell you.... it does smell like fruit loops! Maybe a bit more tart for my likings, but it made me want to get up and go get a bowl of cereal. I got a good sample size of a snowman with a top hat on... very cute.

Thank you to Out of The Box Sampler for putting these together and showing off all of these great handmade crafts from all over. We should all appreciate the effort and support these hard workers year round. Thanks from Texas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Ungrateful during Thanksgiving?

Hubby made me cry on Thanksgiving.... The usual share what you're thankful for, he just went all out talking about how we had one of the toughest years and we were apart from each other for six months and how much he missed us and it just sucked. Ohhhh, the waterfalls!! But yeah, it was the longest year ever. Speaking of Thanksgiving.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Reminds me of something that's been on my mind....

We just moved out of the valley and guess what?! The worst part moving to a new place was not the moving. Before we moved I scoped out our neighborhood, grocery stores, parks and I joined several mom groups. I knew negative Nancy’s were bound to share their troubles in Facebook groups but I’ve never heard so many complaints in one day.

I don’t know what it is but I don’t like when people complain. I just think to myself, “Did you really have to share that?” or about an easy solution to that complaint. There would have been a better way to spend your time than writing a n…