Skip to main content

Mommy Q & A: Inexpensive Sweet 16

Hello and welcome to another edition of Mommy Q & A. Just as a reminder I welcome any other questions and I will let you know if your question has been selected to be featured on my blog. Don't be shy! If your question is mommy related; from potty training to going back to work, or how to save money to how to spend it wisely, you can send it my way. All answers will be answered from my personal experience or thoughts as well as from a professionals point of views. I have many contacts that will give you their ideas.

"Inexpensive Way to Celebrate a SWEET 16"

To all the other moms out there. My question is for my sister-in-law. Given the ecomony, how can we celebrate a SWEET 16 with a limited income. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. She is a typcial 16 year old. She loves the color purple, enjoys music, going to to movies, etc.

Although my girls are a bit shy of sixteen (5 years old and a 10 month old), I have had my share of Sweet 16 parties. Actually here in south Texas we celebrate Quincaneras. They are huge parties that are thrown by the family when a girl turns 15! They are so much fun and to me a bit more relaxed than a Sweet 16. They can become pretty expensive, especially after you do the guest list and you see that your daughter wants to invite the whole school, literally!

I was a party planner for a few years. I planned parties for friends and family and it was so much fun. My best advice would be to keep it small! Have a sleep over wither like five of her closest friends. The theme can be anything from mini-makeovers to a movie theme like Twilight! The best thing about having a sleep over is that you do not need much decorations nor much food. Order a pizza and pick-up cookies or to be a bit health conscious make a fruit try with dip (buy the fruit at the farmers market). Rent a movie at RedBox and look for a FREE code!

Now if you want to have a bigger party and invite family as well stick with a color theme (purple) and get the family together to do paper crafts as the table decorations. Have one side of the family (or friends) make the main dish and the other side make the sides. For dessert go with fruit and/or cupcakes. Check out these awesome party ideas from Tiny Talk Inspiration Board. My favorite part are the swirl lollipops, those would be awesome party favors or center pieces. How many times do you get to eat the center piece? It beats having it sit in your house till it gets full of dust, am I right? This would also be a great time to come up with some awesome mixed drinks, non alcoholic of course!

Even though you are on a limited income you can still have a great time, either way she will have a great time!

Head on over to Mamapedia to read more questions and answers. If you have a question you'd like to submit post it on the website and then leave a comment if you'd like me to consider submitting an answer and publishing it on my blog, other bloggers welcome.
Mamapedia has helped me in various ways; like choosing a breast pump and helping me with other family and personal issues. Thanks Mamapedia!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Ungrateful during Thanksgiving?

Hubby made me cry on Thanksgiving.... The usual share what you're thankful for, he just went all out talking about how we had one of the toughest years and we were apart from each other for six months and how much he missed us and it just sucked. Ohhhh, the waterfalls!! But yeah, it was the longest year ever. Speaking of Thanksgiving.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Reminds me of something that's been on my mind....

We just moved out of the valley and guess what?! The worst part moving to a new place was not the moving. Before we moved I scoped out our neighborhood, grocery stores, parks and I joined several mom groups. I knew negative Nancy’s were bound to share their troubles in Facebook groups but I’ve never heard so many complaints in one day.

I don’t know what it is but I don’t like when people complain. I just think to myself, “Did you really have to share that?” or about an easy solution to that complaint. There would have been a better way to spend your time than writing a n…