Tuesday, February 2

Cloth Diaper Carnival VI - Look at our Fluffy Bums ELLEN!

Welcome to Cloth Diaper Carnival VI

"Get Cloth Diapers on The Ellen Show"

I am so excited about this carnival. Sunday night I tweeted @TheEllenShow asking her opinion on Cloth Diapers and then the next day I see DDL's Cloth Diaper Carnival and was so excited! I also sent ellen an email a while back asking her that I am a CD mom and that I'd like to go to her show and show her my baby's fluffy bum! I hope she understood what that meant! lol

Anywho so here is what is in store for ELLEN! ((Post from DDL))
-------------------------------------------
The topic this go ’round is: Get Cloth Diapers Featured on The Ellen Show. Write your post, link it here, and tweet a link to @TheEllenShow with #operationfluffy #clothdiapers tags.

Ex: “@TheEllenShow Why I want to see #clothdiapers on your show. http://as89o.th8.us #operationfluffy”

How the heck do we do that? We already dropped the Fluffy Bomb on her Twitter account last night. We tweeted to her hundreds of times.

That is Phase 1, which continues as long as it takes. We can’t lose steam on this. We will reconvene next week, but not during the #clothdiapers chat. While it was the best way to get the word out, I don’t want to take it over again. I truly appreciate everyone’s passion and zeal last night. ALL who particiapted made me so proud to be a cloth diapering mama! Anyone have a time/ day suggestion for the next #operationfluffy?

The next step of Phase 1 involves taking over social media to bombard Ellen. All blogs, big or small, will write a post about Why Cloth DIapers should be featured on Ellen. That is my post today.

Phase 2 Will be a video of babies dancing in cloth diapers. Email me a 20 second or less clip of your baby dancing in just a cloth diaper, to dirty diaper laundry at gmail dot com or kdrosas at gmail dot com using yousendit.com.

Phase 3 Has just been determined. I am having a diaper made with Ellen on it, in some way. Ideally, the “laugh dance conquer” flag. We will mail the diaper around, take videos with it on the babies, take photos of the babies wearing it in front of a landmark or town name, to help Ellen Conquer The World.

----------------------------------------------

So that is that. Stay tuned to DDL to see if we get a response from all the tweets that have been sent her way. I'm sure she's seen them and hope that she will do something about all these pampers filling the landfills! Phase two is a great idea and I hope we all send in videos of our little ones. Phase 3.... that is so a great idea! Who ever makes that diaper is going to get lots of requests, don't you think? I'd want one, I want one already!

Here is my letter to Ellen telling her why I think Cloth Diapers should be on her show:

Dear Ellen,

I have to start off by saying I don't watch your show everyday! BUT! There's a BUT! I use to watch it religiously for about four years, ever since I became a mommy to my first born, who is now 5. I had to stop because hubby lost his job and I was pregnant at the same time. We had to cut our satellite and I could watch you anymore. And now I don't watch you as much because the channel you are on has lots of signal issues, it made me so mad at first.

But why do I want cloth diapers on your show. Well, because hubby lost his job while I was preggo I started stressing about all the expenses that we would have with the new baby. Then we found out it was a girl, so we had most of the girly things in our garage from our first born. Then I started thinking about all the PAMPERS!! I got so stressed, I ate so much and i got gestational diabetes, which made me more stressed. (am I using to many !!'s?) So, I started eating healthier, buying organic and then researching on ways to save money and I found tons of blogger moms who would host giveaways! I saw one was giving away Rockin' Green Detergent (for cloth diapers). When I saw that I thought to myself who would want to enter to win detergent for cloth diapers? Then I saw there was over 300 entries. And guess what! I won! So I started researching and saw that moms have saved hundreds to thousands of dollars using cloth diapers. I saw all the different diapers that were available, I found great sites where you can see pictures, videos on you tube, diaperswappers where you could trade or buy new/used diapers. I was hooked. I got my first cloth diapers from freecycle and then it was history!

We have become a green family and it has saved our family from spending hundreds of dollars on pampers. It even helped me control my diabetes because I became aware of more "green" facts. Now Kim from Dirty Diaper Laundry is right. We prech, but hardly anyone is listening, they are all the same group of moms, we need your help to get the word out that we don't have to spend all that money on pampers.

It would be an honor and so exciting to see you help spread the word the great effect that it would have on the world if some moms who watch your show switched to cloth diapers and even great joy if all of your viewers joined our DIAPER REVOLUTION!

I believe if my 10 month old could talk she would say, "I love my fluffy bum and I love Ellen!"

Love, Cinella @ Baby Eliada



Powered by MckLinky

Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links…


2 comments:

  1. What a cute baby bum. I will need to write something up for this.

    http://couponmommyof2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture sweetie! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement atx austin baby baby led weaning baby number 4 baby wearing BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news nicu no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining preemie pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas thanksgiving the view thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week