Skip to main content

Simplify My Life - HP Sweepstakes (Ended)

Hello readers & bloggers,

Welcome to my entry of the Simplify My Life Sweepstakes for a chance to win a HP Mini with Windows 7 Starter.

I am 25, soon to be 26 year old mom who has been married to an extremely disorganized and procrastinator for the past 5 years. I have two beautiful daughters and we live at home with my mother. Life is hectic! I tend and want to be an organized, do-it-all, Super Mom! For the past five years I have been a full-time mom as well as a WAHM, doing mystery shopping, merchandising and I also write articles for a local magazine. I chose to do that so I could pick my own hours to work and be fully engaged in my little girls lives. My husband also recently lost his job and now runs his own Computer business from home as well. We are also a very green family. We recycle, cloth diaper, use cloth baggies, unplug electronics, use reusable bags and lots more. We live a fun and exciting life.

I have also recently successfully finished my job search! I got a job working at one of my favorite retail stores and was so sick of making copies, sending faxes and scheduling interviews for the past month, yup, it only took me a month. All that with the jobs my husband had to do and all the family functions we had planned, we were on a tight schedule everyday!

How do I stay organized? I have a online calendar with colors for different family members and I also have a personal planner that I carry around with me. The one thing I hate about that is that I can't update both at the same time. It would be so awesome if I could win the HP Mini because that would make our families lives so much easier. I have read all about this new "Mini" and love all the cool tools it has.

I have tried hauling around my laptop, Dell Inspiron (17") around to wireless hotspots, but it isn't very successful. The HP Mini 110 would be ideal to carry with me in my tote, diaper bag or what not. It only weight 3.22 lbs and it has a full size keyboard! WOW! The one feature that would be convienent for the whole family would be Shake. Often both hubby and I are on and off the laptop. For example, I might be making dinner and I need to check up on a recipe or substitution ingredient and hubby will walk away from the laptop, so I could simply go and open up my window, click on the taskbar, shake and all the other windows will close. How cool is that? When hubby comes back he just shakes again and all of his windows magically reappear.

Like I said, the HP Mini is super light and can be very portable. We travel to and from my husbands families houses who live two hours away. We can't bring our laptop most of the time because it's heavy. The HP Mini would be so useful because we would be able to use it at wifi hotspots and update our family on our trip, upload photos and keep in touch with friends who live in the area.
Even if I don't win one of three HP Mini's, I will probably save to buy my own!

Oh and guess what! My readers will be able to win one of three HP Mini 110-1100 by Studio Tord Boontje PCs to anyone who leaves a comment on this sweepstakes post. How awesome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A local business heard about the giveaway and they will sponsor a giveaway for one of my readers! They are offering a small prize - A set of notepads and a calendar so you can be on your way to organizing your life one step at a time.

TO ENTER:
For each entry answer the question or tell us what you did for that entry and leave a comment for each entry. Also leave your email in a email (at) email (dot) com format for each entry.
* Tell us how you stay organized or how you would stay organized this year. - 1 entry -

* Tell us if you use an online calendar and if so which one (poll for future reference) - 1 entry -

* Follow my blog, The Mommy Blog - 2 entries -
* Follow one of my other blogs - 1 entry -

* Leave a comment on one of my other posts telling me if you learned something from it - 2 entries -

* Share this blog entry - 1 entry -

*Write your own blog for the Mom Bloggers Club Contest (include your screen name and link to ur blog) - 3 entries -
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out the video below to see how five-time Olympian Dara Torres uses her HP Mini to simplify her life!

Reader winners will be randomly drawn using Random.org and will be based on the order in which bloggers enter the sweepstakes and post on Twitter. Winners will be announced on Friday, January 29, 2010.


Comments

  1. Very cool! I hope you win! Congrats on your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the job! I've been on the job market for a while! I have to do a lot of traveling and I use a friend's extra laptop while I'm on the road. It would be great if I didn't have to use his and didn't have to carry such a big thing through airport security!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Tord HP Mini would really make my life simpler by being able to move freely around my home and still be connected to the internet to complete the daily task… emailing, blogging, search for information, etc. It would also be great to take to my many doctor appointments where there are times I have to sit and wait to see my doctor for an hour or more…. I could stay busy and pass the time more quickly by playing games, responding to email, etc. Good luck to you and I!!!!

    prpldy (at) comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would make my life a lot simpler, I could work even when I am waiting for my kids to finish piano or dance lessons.

    ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to have a small computer like this to be able to take anywhere for everyday tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Something this small would be really convenient for me since I need a computer for work and it is light enough to take on the bus which I
    use to commute every day. I could check e-mails & bills on my commute.
    My old laptop was actually stolen recently so I would love a new one!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The size and weight of the beautiful HP Mini 110-1100 by Studio Tord Boontje would make it perfect for on-the-go computing. I would also be able to easily take it around the house and out to the back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would LOVE to win this HP Mini 110. My life needs organizing and simplifying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to win this mini. It would definitley help organize and simplify my life.
    deanenpr at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to win an HP mini. I feel that I will be able to stop and enjoy the roses more and the extra mobility would be so beneficial. Not only that but the family would enjoy being able to use the computer a little bit more if mommy had her own.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Answer to Q1. I can get organized, but staying organized is quite impossible for me with a 7,5,3 and 1 year old. I need one too! Good luck to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I dont use an online calendar. syner4 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love an HP mini! It would definitely simplify my life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. an HP Mini 110 would simplify my life in ways that I can not even spell, lol

    good luck to you and me ;)

    militaryfamof8@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man my life could use some simplifying! I would love to be able to write my blog posts on the go or during lunch breaks. Now if the HP Mini 110 could help me get my daughter to sleep through the night, I would be in LOVE (even more!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I entered also. It would simplify my life by helping me get organized! Wishing you luck... and hoping for some luck myself!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to win this. It simplify my life so much! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Hickies: Back-to-School Series #1

Every Friday in the month of September I will share a few tips for making the transition for both kids and parents a bit easier. This first one is a doozie! HICKIES! Keep reading to learn what I'm talking about.... I try to buy my girls (i have 3 school-aged daughters) two or more pairs of shoes; an active shoe, which usually has laces, and a more casual/formal shoe, which usually doesn't have laces. Which ones do they choose to wear nearly every day to school? The ones that have shoe laces! Of course my oldes daughter, who's now 13, can tie her own shoes, but the other two still need help. And let's be real, even the oldest one I find myself nagging her to tie her laces correctly, she gets sloppy in the mornings at times. Here come HICKIES to save the day!

Hate tying your kids' shoes everyday before they step out of the house? Hate stopping to tie your own shoes mid-run? HICKIES products turn any pair of sneakers into convenient, comfortable, and stylish slip-on…