Friday, January 22

FTT - How I Store My Diapers



This week's Fluff Talk Thursdays post has to do with how we store our diapers. I have tried so many different ways it's rediculous. I love to recycle and i had been storing the diapers (prefolds) in a regular cardboard gift boxes. But then I recycled them! haha. Anyways, the baby stays in our room. I moved an old shelf that we had in the bathroom into our room so we could store all her baby things (diapers, detergent, wipes, lotions and what not). It's kinda tight, but everything fits good.

I keep the covers and AIO's ontop where I have the changing cushion and wipes and I have all the prefolds stacked by size on the bottom shelf as well as the inserts.

Photobucket
I like the shelf I use because it's nice n sturdy. Sorry, I was washing the cover. But the cover I made myself. I made it from a water proof pillow liner and I sewed on a pretty fabric I found on sale at Hancock Fabrics for $2.00. I have my cloth wipes inside the printed huggies box. I like this box because it squeezes out some of the excess liquid when I put too much water. I also dump out some water every night and add new warm water the next morning. You can see the diapers next to the wipes, those are the ones hubby usually reaches for. I got them from WAHM's and diaperswappers. More great deals. I like using the prefolds. I have them on the second shelf as well as the inserts, which I use as wipes some times. Then I have all my other baby accessories. On the bottom shelf I have some of my books, my Planet detergent, extra diaper bags and hubby sometimes likes to use pampers sensitive wipes.

Photobucket
Here are my prefolds. I have my newborn prefolds on the right. Thinner medium size prefolds in the center and my toddler size prefolds on the left. I have a good stack, but some of the toddler ones were in the washer. There are my snappies. I only have two, hubby lost my other ones. Grrrr!

Photobucket
Here you can see my wipes box and some extra wipes. Then I have my covers, AIO's and fitteds in a gift box. I've been trying to find a good deal on a nice wicked or bamboo basket at the flea market.

Photobucket
An extra picture of my wet bag. I got this one from a mom on Cafe Mom! Thanks. It's used lots.

So as you can see... I mostly use covers and prefolds. I don't feel that I need to store them in any special way. They stack very easily. I do sometimes hand a peice of fabric over them. Like I said they are in the master bedroom. So sometimes I like a clean look.

If you are looking for a way to store your diapers I would also suggest asking friends and family if they have any extra basket or containers that you can use. You can store your diapers in there to make them look more appealing than I do. If you buy some the best place to find great deals are at the dollar store and garage sales! We saved tons by just using a shelf we already had. We didn't have to go out and buy a changing table. It's nice and sturdy and wide enough for the changing cushion.

Thanks for reading my post for Fluff Talk Thursday which is hosted by Beth at Happily Domestic.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are nice and organized! :-) Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your stash setup. It does really seem to work well. I found your post through Happily Domestic and I am now a follower. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement atx austin baby baby led weaning baby number 4 baby wearing BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news nicu no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining preemie pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas thanksgiving the view thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week