Now I'm going to share with you the recipe that I make 90% of the time we have spaghetti.
What you'll need:
1lbs lean ground beef
1/4 cup sliced or diced onions
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tbls EVOO (extra virgin olive oil, organic)
1 can of Del Monte Spaghetti sauce, 26.5 oz
1/2 box of Ronzoni Whole Wheat (or 7 Grain)
1 loaf of french bread
Spices; garlic, salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef. As the meat browns dice and slice the the veggies. Drain and rinse. Yes, we even rinse our lean meat because we try to get out as much fat as possible.
- After you rinse your meat put it aside for a while and add the EVVO and let it heat up for a while and add your veggies. Cook till the onions are semi transparent. At this point you can either remove the veggies to use as a topper or mix it in with the beef. Add a bit of the spices.
- Start the pasta water to boil. I salt the water a bit.
- Open the can of spaghetti sauce and stir until it comes to a boil and then simmer until your you are ready to serve. I boil the pasta for exactly 13 minutes. Drain the pasta and you can either mix in with the sauce or place it in a bowl. I don't like to put it back in the pot because some can burn and stick to the bottom and continue cooking.
- Slice the french bread and either warm in the oven for 5-8 minutes or toast on a griddle. I do not use butter, but like to mix spices with olive oil and brush it on before I toast it.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Love to save money you can print a coupon for $1.00 off 2 boxes of any Rozoni pasta. Want to win a trip to Paris?? Click HERE! You get four chances to match a pasta pair to instantly win a $25 Visa gift card. All who play will have a chance to win a round trip for two to Canyon Ranch in Tucson and a four-night hotel stay. Plus $650 per person allowance for spa, “Health & Healing Center” and sports services in the hotel. Everyone who plays receives a coupon to save on Ronzoni Healthy Harvest pasta.
Thank you for visiting my blog and be sure to come back with more recipes from Menu Plan Monday. If you have a recipe that you'd like to share with my readers just click on the Contact at the top right of my blog.