Friday, December 11

DTT - Do you use cloth wipes?

Cloth wipes got me interested a few months ago. I have been cloth diapering for almost 9 months now, but have yet to dive into the world of cloth wipes.

I have read up on them and have looking up so many different solutionis to soak or spray the wipes with. But there is so much to choose from. How do you know what is right for you or right for you baby?

One of the resources i use a lot is CafeMom. It is a social website just for moms that came about a few years ago. It is an awesome website to meet moms locally and you can even join groups that are about specific topics. I joined Kay's group, Cloth Diapering Mama's even before my baby was born and have learned tons of things and even bought diapers from there as well.

So, I haven't tried any out but I want to this holiday season. I will be over at my husbands' uncles house and we'll be there about three weeks. I want to make the simplest and cheapest solution.

Here is the one I choose:

Aloe Vera Wipes Recipe

· 2 cups hot water

· 1/4 cup Aloe Vera Gel

· 2 drops Tea Tree Oil

Allow ingredients to cool.

Mix in a jar and then pour over wipes. Store extra solution in the fridge.

I chose this one, first, because my husband stays up with my baby at night (she doesn't go to bed until 3am and wakes up at noon), and he occassionally will use a disposable diaper. We use a diaper that has a aloe vera in it and she does not get any rashes. With the Pampers and Huggies brand, she does can a rash. So I figure if I wipe her little tush with a wipe that is soaked in it her little tush will be clean and rash free!

So that's it. I have already bought all the ingredients and I will mix them when I get to our uncles house and I will report back when I come back home and see if we will stay with using cloth wipes or not.

Next common question is what type of fabric do I use? I have choosen, again the minimmum costing, regular gerber wash clothes. I also have some inserts that I bought that I am going to cut in half and sew with a contrasting color around the edges.

Other fabric options are fleece or buying actual cloth wipes from an online retailer. You can also make your own from old baby clothes or what not. All you have to do is cut them into the size you want and you are done!

To use cloth wipes it is super easy. You get the new diaper ready and place it under you baby with the soiled diaper still on the baby. Then open up the diaper and grab one of you cloth wipes. You can then just leave the wipe inside the diaper and dump both the diaper and wipes into your diaper pail/bag. And you are done! Snap the new diaper on and you are ready to go!

Thanks Emi for host a great blog hop for Diaper Tip Tuesday (I'm a little late). If you want to read and see what is coming up for this month on Diaper Tip Tuesday, head on over to her blog and read all about it. Maybe you'd even like to participate a week or so.

Thanks for reading & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

ps. Sorry for no pictures... my picture uploader is on the fritz!

1 comment:

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement atx austin baby baby led weaning baby number 4 baby wearing BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news nicu no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining preemie pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas thanksgiving the view thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week