Wednesday, December 2

Diaper Tip Tuesday - Turkey Day


Photobucket
Week 1:
Share your Thanksgiving travel stories and upcoming holiday travel plans. Cloth, hybrids (i.e. Grobaby or gdiapers) or 'sposies?

Welcome to The Mommy Blog. This is the first week of December and that means a whole new month of Diaper Tips! This one will be fun. Turkey day for my family this year was hassel free! We didn't travel to see hubby's family, who only lives 2 hours away, we stayed local. All my family, except for an uncle live within 30 minutes of us. So we usually don't do too much traveling. We woke up pretty late, 11AM and changed the little one out of her nite-time diaper. Every morning, if she's wearing a CD (hubby occasionally still puts her a 'sposie) I change her and then rinse and dry her bum in the bathroom sink. She's a heavy wetter and sometimes I think that just a wipe doesn't get her clean enough in the mornings. Anywho, I put the baby back down in her crib so she can fully wake up. She's been trying to stand up in her crib, so pretty soon we'll have to put it on a lower setting. I got everyone's clothes together for church at noon. The house was so quiet. I put some hot tea on the stove and quickly scrambled some eggs with cheese for my 5 year old. Then we all got ready for church. I always pack 4 diapers (prefolds) and two covers. Then, I stuff in some Pampers sensitive wipes, a pre-made bottle inside an insulated bag, a change of clothes and a jar of my baby food. I try not to over pack the diaper bag.When I changed the baby into her outfit I put on a fitted and her longies with a matching blouse that I bought at Gymboree for $3.99!
Photobucket
We arrived at the church and put the baby in my ring sling and went in. The mass wasn't too long, but I could feel the baby a bit wet so I went to go change her. The bathroom isn't very smellable, so I usually leave the door open. A lady came in and she asked me, "Ah, are those cloth diapers?" I said yes, and I was putting on a rose colored thirsties cover, which also happened to match with her outfit! Love how Thirsties are solid colors so that they match with lots of outfits. I stuffed the used diaper inside my wetbag. She asked "so they don't smell?" I said, yeah they smell, but the PUL keeps it in and I told her all about PUL! But I had to get back to singing in church.

We got invited to my aunt's and uncles house for Thankgiving lunch... but we were kinda late. By the time we got there they were already having pie! They are a great family, they have three kids and a bunny! Well, it's more of a rabbit now, with huge feet! My aunt and I got all the food reheated and we dug in. My uncle took the baby, he loves kids. I love diapers because with 'sposies you can feel all the mushy gunk from the diaper and you know they are wet. I feel pretty confident that anyone who hold her won't have to feel that when they carry her. I know to change her every 3 hours. During the day she doesn't pee as much. Anywho, we ate turkey and stuffing and then I went to change her. My aunt asked about them and groaned at the thought of washing all the diapers. I told her I only wash twice a week and our water bill hasn't even gone up at all!

We watched the Cowboy game the rest of the time. and I changed the baby once more before we left home.

So yeah, it's wasn't too difficult for us this Thanksgiving. When we got home I transfered the dirty diapers into my larger wetbag in the laundry room and wiped down the wetbag and stretched it out over the diaper bag for the next outing. But, we didn't go out the rest of the day. Hubby downloaded Christmas movies, played scrabbled and ate popcorn!

So, my advice to other mamas during the Christmas season would be to know when to change your baby and get the word out about using cloth diapers! Pretty soon all our babies will be rash free and have the cutest bums in town!

Speaking of Christmas, we will be traveling to visit hubby's family for nearly 2 weeks! So stay-tuned to read about that trip! I plan to take my Rockin' Green Detergent, 12 diapers, 5 pockets and 4 covers. I plan on washing every other day and probably won't be able to sun dry them; two hours north has a very different weather than down here. Oh well, maybe they'll get extra fluffy and absorbent.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

ps. Want to join the blog hop? You can view TCDR for rules and the themes for the month HERE

MckLinky Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement atx austin baby baby led weaning baby number 4 baby wearing BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news nicu no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining preemie pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas thanksgiving the view thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week