Skip to main content

Cloth Diaper Carnival V - Hubby vs CD's

This post is part of the Cloth Diapering Bloggers and Dirty Diaper Laundry monthly Cloth Diaper Carnival. We skipped last month but things are back on track. This month’s carnival is themed around Husbands and cloth diapering. Participants really had an open ended theme, so the entries could be humorous stories, tragedies, or tales of fully supportive men! I can’t wait to read them all. To visit the other entries, visit the others linked beneath this post.

Good morning mamas! I have had a great holiday season and I hope you all have as well. There are so many stories that feature hubby and cloth diapers but I want to share one that happened recently.

This holiday season we traveled two hours to visit my husbands family. I decided to use cloth wipes while we were there that way we don't leave a pile of stinky wipes. Hubby really did not like the idea, but was okay with it. I did let him take a small amount ov wipes that he can use as night. Of course he ran out like on the third day, lol. This is how I change my babies diaper. Before anything I check if her clothes need to be changed, by checking to see if there way any leakage. If there is I get her a change of clothes and get everything else ready. I lay out a blanket, get the prefold inside the diaper, put it under her and so forth. Hubby usually just gets the diaper and wipes and changes her on the bare floor or on the bed, which is a bit better than the FLOOR!


Anywho, we stayed inside hubby's uncles house, he lives all lone in a 3 bedroom home, so it was nice n spacious. We had all our clothes and baby stuff inside one room and that is where I liked to change her. So, one time, early in the morning I woke up and didn't see hubby in bed nor the baby. I sat up and listened, maybe she had woken up early and if so I would be able to hear her downstairs playing. I didn't hear anything. I check the other bedroom to see if our 5 year old was still asleep, and yup she was. She usually hears the baby playing and "big sister" loves to play with her baby sister. I got a bit freaked out when I didn't even hear the TV on. I slowly creeped down stairs and looked into the living room and there was no sign of them. No toys, no nothing.

Then I heard a huge shreiking cry! OMG! It scared me to death. It came from the kitchen. As I got closer, I realized that it wasn't a cry it was a laugh, you know how when a baby really doesn't know how to laugh and they get super excited.... that shriek. She was half naked holding on to daddy as he had her dangling in the sink while he was dunking her tooshie into the sink filled with water. I started cracking up. I was just sorry I didn't run to get my camera. I went to get a towel and asked what he was doing. He said that she made a mess of her diaper and "I didn't want to get the cloth wipes dirty." I grabbed the baby and then explained to him the purpose of using cloth wipes and such.

We talked about that for a bit while I had him spray off the "mess" with the shower head and when I looked at the clock it was 5:45am. We couldn't go back to sleep so we made breakfast and stayed up just talking. It was a good day.

Other than that hubby is pretty good with the cloth diapers now. He likes AIO's, obviously, and does a pretty good job of washing them as well. Sometimes when I need to get up early and I'm running around doing last minute chores he says, he'll do them. He always asks, "Do I rinse the diapers?" He knows that they get rinsed in cold and washed in hot. Pretty cool, hu? Love you hunny!

Well, that's that.... my story of hubby and cloth diapers. I have so many more. I know this one really wasn't about the diapers itself, but it's related... lol.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS




Comments

  1. Oh how funny!! That would have scarred me too :)
    My husband doesn't like cloth wipes either...silly men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol my boyfriend doesnt even use sposie wipes for poopy changes...he dunks DS's bum in the tub or sink. Its silly to see but least when I switched to cloth wipes, he didnt waste them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Hickies: Back-to-School Series #1

Every Friday in the month of September I will share a few tips for making the transition for both kids and parents a bit easier. This first one is a doozie! HICKIES! Keep reading to learn what I'm talking about.... I try to buy my girls (i have 3 school-aged daughters) two or more pairs of shoes; an active shoe, which usually has laces, and a more casual/formal shoe, which usually doesn't have laces. Which ones do they choose to wear nearly every day to school? The ones that have shoe laces! Of course my oldes daughter, who's now 13, can tie her own shoes, but the other two still need help. And let's be real, even the oldest one I find myself nagging her to tie her laces correctly, she gets sloppy in the mornings at times. Here come HICKIES to save the day!

Hate tying your kids' shoes everyday before they step out of the house? Hate stopping to tie your own shoes mid-run? HICKIES products turn any pair of sneakers into convenient, comfortable, and stylish slip-on…