Wednesday, October 21

Wednesday Wisdom


Usually on Wednesdays I go to the local flea market... I just have to share what I got...
For only $3 I got a steam mop. Not just any steam mom... it cleans tiles, floors, tubs, walls, apaulstry, curtains AND carpets!! I read the manual before I bought it. It uses 28oz of regular water and that lasts for 20minutes. So I was thinking, I only clean in 20 minute intervals... works for me! Anywho, that's not what I want to talk about today. Well, it is in a way. For the longs years that I have been going to the flea market, the same one mind you, I notice that for some people, that is their job, full-time job because it is open everday, and it still seems like they are struggling. Then there are the other ones who buy in bulk and sell at a high price and they dress all fancy and have ther SUV's parked near by. What do they do it for? It might also be their job too, but I feel better buying from the ones that really need the money verses the ones that won't budge on price because they want to get whatever they can out of you. For example, there is one couple who I usually do buy from. They are an older couple, maybe in their late 40's and they buy from K-Mart. They buy the returns or the packages that have been opened for a discounted rate and they sell them pretty cheap as well. They usually have tons of socks, and undergarmets, but also clothing, shoes and toys. I have bought summer clothes from them this year, I bought like 4 outfits for the kiddos for under $5! They are one of the ones that are there daily and I know they have two kids who are both in college now. I also know that they do this because they earn a decsent profit and they love to save money themselves and in turn save us money as well. She has made me bargains when I want to buy more than one thing. Then there is this other man who has also been there for years he sells name brand shoes. I do not know much about him but I do know that he buys from department stores and from ebay, but he does not budge on price... I've seen him sell a lady with an elementary aged son very nice athletic shoes for $30 from him. She might have paid a bit more in the department store but she could have also boughten them onsale, if she waited. He wanted them so bad, and it looked like that was all the money she had on her. Ahhhh, makes me so angry!
But I think to myself that I shouldn't worry about those people, I should just worry about the ones that I am helping.... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement atx austin baby baby led weaning baby number 4 baby wearing BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news nicu no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining preemie pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas thanksgiving the view thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week