Monday, October 19

Sundays in My City ~ Bargins~

Unknown Mami


Today we visited the Flea Market in Mercedes, Texas and then we went to our local Peter Piper Pizza. Here is are Sunday pics in my city.

When we were younger we'd always go to the Flea Markets on Sunday mornings. Here in South Texas they are a great place for awesome finds at bargain prices. The other day I stopped at a table that said 5/$1.00 and I got all name brand clothes, Raulph Lauren, OGBG and more. At this trip we didn't buy much but my mom did get some Children's Place Jeans for $.25! Anywho... the first pictures are at the Flea Market and the next few pictures are some my daughter took. She takes good pictures sometimes. The second picture is of the huge ice chests that vendor fill with water and cokes and then top with ice. The water is freezing! They sell cokes 3/$1.00 at most spots and water for $.50. The reptar picture is one that my daughter took... not bad right? They were selling this large sized Reptar for only $.50! Too bad kids aren't into RugRats like me and my sister use to be!

Oh, and the food. At this flea market there is much more food choices than in some other ones. They have a wide variety of Tamales, tacos, enchiladas and fresh fruit. It's all so yummy. The only thing we always buy when we go is a Coca Mexicana. It's not like regular coke, even though they say it is. It get bottled in glass bottles, which I don't know why we don't do that... that would save TONS of plastic! Of course you can't keep the bottle, you have to pour it in a cup and drink whatever doesn't fit so that they can take it back to get it refilled. I took some pictures of the fresh fruit they had, but they all came out blurry. I think the head was making it fog up. Before we left I saw this little highchair seat for only $5 and the little old woman said that she would give it to me for $1.00! I kinda took a gasp when she said that because I thought she would say $4 or maybe $3, but from $5 to $1?? Wow, but nah, it was also a potty and it looked pretty worn, so I passed.

After about two hours of walking around our tummys were rumbling. It just so happens that Peter Piper is just around the corner. That is one of our favorite pizza places to go. When hubby and I were dating and first moved in together we walking there almost every week to enjoy their lunch buffet for only $4.99, and when you are on a $600/mo, that's the best you can do! Plus, I had some awesome coupons... B1G1 1/2 off on pizza, FREE drinks and FREE ice cream! So instead of it being over $40, we only paid $30.

Anywho... daddy wanted to play first because there are always two games that he always wants to play. I let him play first that way he doesn't steal any of our tokens at the end, which get DD mad sometimes. So, we walked around the game room while daddy played his games and I came around the corner and saw him playing this game with another little boy. They were talking about something... and I just had to take a pictures. As you know, we have no boys, I just hope he's this good with ours, when we have them.DD likes to play as many games as she can and she's kind of learned that if she plays the ones with "The Number One" on them, she can play more. That's how she calls them, "I want to play The Number One games mommy!" It's so cute. Speaking of cute... when we had finished eating hubby asked me if I wanted to spend $5 or $10, I said just $5 that way we can put gas afterwards. So he handed me a $5 bill. I walked upto the token machine and there were two people in front of me. So I signaled to hubby to get in line at another one. He did and he got to change for tokens before I did, so I put the $5 in hubbys' pocket. Then when we ran out of tokens, DD turned to daddy and asked if she could have the other dollar. He said that he didn't have anymore. Well, DD is a very smart girl... she turned towards me and said, "Yes, you do Daddy. When we got here you have two dollars and we only used one. Mommy put the other one in your pocket, remember?" LOL, isn't that funny. So hubby bent down to her level and said, "Yes, daddy does have more money, but that is for gas to put in the car so mommy can drive you to school in the morning." She then shrugged her shoulders and said, "I guess." She ran to counter machine! She got 57 tickets. And from those 57 she chose an little green alien charm, a little green man (soilder) and a dinosaur.


It was a fun day! I showed you mine, now you show me yours.

This is in participation of Sundays In My City from UnKnown Mami.
Share your city/town/suburb/you name it! If you link up, please link back or post the Sundays In My City button either in your post or sidebar to let people know that other bloggers are sharing their communities too. Happy trails!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great day.

    I love your header; it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement atx austin baby baby led weaning baby number 4 baby wearing BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news nicu no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining preemie pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas thanksgiving the view thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week