Skip to main content

Kashi Pocket Bread Sandwhiches ~ Review

Review of Kashi All Natural Chicken Rustico Pocket Bread
Photobucket

Morning! Many of ya'll might now that I'm a couponer and when I got the Kashi Mailer filled with coupons I picked out the ones I thought we be a great deal as well as great tasting. Boy was I right. I was able to buy two packs of Kashi Chicken Rustico Pocket Bread for around $2.00! I had tried other Kashi foods and thought they were fenomenale because of their ingredients and green factor as well as price. Check out this detailed picture from Kashi.com. Doesn't it look yummy?That weekend when my mom took the kiddos out to the park and hubby was still asleep I jumped at my chance to try them out. Each box contains one pocket bread and they only take 4 minutes in the microwave. I opened up the box and popped it in the microwave. Four minutes late it was pipping hot, there was still a warm area in the bottom of the bread. I turned it over and microwaved it for a minute longer. When I opened it up a smell I have never smelled before filled the kitchen. It was like a Thanksgiving dinner smell, not sure how to describe it. Some of the filling was spill out from the top of the bread. I took it out of the microwave and the bread was soft, not soggy or hard. I cut it into four pieces and this is what I saw:

Not quite what was on the picture, but you can see the dark greens, which is the spinach. It was a beautiful color. I could also see the roasted red peppers and the crinimi mushrooms, YUM!!

Cost: Affordable: Kashi accacionally has coupons, so you can get an even better deal! Can be expensive if you buy for the whole family, best for individual lunch.

Preparation: Easy, Open the package, no need to defrost. Put it on a microwavable plate and you are done!

Cooking
Time
: 4 minute recommended microwave time. I gave it a minute longer to have it heated all the way through.

Nutrition: Great. With Kashi being known for using 7 whole grains and healthy for you I did not like the first thing I saw on the label; 300 calories per serving. One serving is one pocket bread. Other than that, it only has 70 cal from fat and has other great nutritional benefits.
  • At least 10 grams of protein
  • 400mg of ALA Omega-3
  • At least 4 grams of fiber
  • Zero grams trans fats and no preservatives

Texture
: Bread was soft and filling was cooked thoroughly and had a gooey, chewy bite to it. After recommended cooking time, the bottom of the bread was warm, so I heated it an additional minute.

Taste
: Taste was different and a bit on the salty side. You could taste every ingredient and the bread was like it was homemade!

Smell
: Excellent. The aroma that the pocket bread gave was very different to any other frozen bread items I had ever bought. It smelled like I had made it from scratch, it had a homemade smell.

Absorption
: Excellent. This product should not be that absorbent because the bread should stay bready not soggy. This was the case. The filling steamed in the bread, but did not make the bread soggy.

Green Factor
: All of this Kashi product can be recycled. They now package their foods in 100% less packaging, which equals 227 less packaging waste each year! Plus their packaging can be recycled!
Overall: Large Photobucket
I give the Kashi Chicken Rustico a overall rating of a "Large" because I had to heat it more than the recommended time and because it is new, unlike anything else I have tasted before, so there's really nothing to compare it to. Great job Kashi!


NOTE: If there is something that you'd like me to consider or suggest a product for me to review, use the Contact link at the top of the page or leave a comment here. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Some words from Kashi:

We know you’re always looking for new and easy ways to incorporate delicious all-natural foods in to your daily routine. That’s why we’ve created three new all-natural heat-and-enjoy Kashi Pocket Bread sandwiches that are not only easy to prepare, but also deliver great taste and true sustenance.

New Kashi Pocket Bread sandwiches are made with our signature Kashi Seven Whole Grains and Sesame™ bread and stuffed with tasty combinations of real ingredients including roasted vegetables, zesty sauces and marinated chicken and turkey. We’ve taken great care to ensure that each unique flavor provides tastes you’ll love, while providing positive nutrition

Look for Turkey Fiesta, Veggie Medley, and Chicken Rustico in the freezer section of your local grocery or natural foods store.



Pocket Bread on Foodista

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th is Amoung Us *Movie Promo + Giveaway* CLOSED

I don't know about you but I was a senior in high school and I was late to Spanish class! I was able to see everything happening at home before leaving to school. It literally was unbelievable. Ever since then, every time there is a movie or documentary about the tragedy I just get pulled into watching and finding out all the different stories from family and friends is just amazing! On September 8th, 9/11 is going to be released in theaters!

COMMENT and TWEET below "Where you were on the morning of 9/11" for a chance to win A PRIZE PACK (Your email too).
The Prize Pack Contains: 1 - 9/11 poster Hand Signed Autographed by star Charlie Sheen 1 - “Hope” Pendant with necklace 1 - Guide to Talking To Your Children About 9/11 thanks to Tuesday’s Children
Tweet @9_11Movie and use the hashtag #Remember911 to pay tribute to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Twitter:@9_11Movie
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/911Movie/
Website:https://www.911movie.film

*********************** 9…

Get Lost in a Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farms

Join us this fall for the the 2017 Fall Festival & Corn Maze at Barton Hill Farm. Get lost in our 5-acre corn maze, pick your favorite pumpkin, feed the farm animals, and enjoy more than 30 exciting family activities while you listen to live Texas country & bluegrass music!

Barton Hill Farms is a scenic Texas farmstead on the banks of the Colorado River near Bastrop, just 25 minutes from Austin. Open Saturdays & Sundays from September 23rd to November 5th, just one week away! Fall officially starts on September 22nd!

And here's the best part! Get $1 off with this exclusive coupon when you buy your tickets online: http://bartonhillfarms.com

Tickets are $14 at the door or $13 when you buy them online.

What does your ticket include?
We have acres and acres of fun included in Farm Admission. Extra fee items: Face painting and pumpkins. Take a buzz on the new little Bee Train through a fantastic field of zinnias for a super thrill! Also new this Fall: Rubber Duck Race…

Hickies: Back-to-School Series #1

Every Friday in the month of September I will share a few tips for making the transition for both kids and parents a bit easier. This first one is a doozie! HICKIES! Keep reading to learn what I'm talking about.... I try to buy my girls (i have 3 school-aged daughters) two or more pairs of shoes; an active shoe, which usually has laces, and a more casual/formal shoe, which usually doesn't have laces. Which ones do they choose to wear nearly every day to school? The ones that have shoe laces! Of course my oldes daughter, who's now 13, can tie her own shoes, but the other two still need help. And let's be real, even the oldest one I find myself nagging her to tie her laces correctly, she gets sloppy in the mornings at times. Here come HICKIES to save the day!

Hate tying your kids' shoes everyday before they step out of the house? Hate stopping to tie your own shoes mid-run? HICKIES products turn any pair of sneakers into convenient, comfortable, and stylish slip-on…