Thursday, October 1

Two hour Travels: CDC III


Dirty Diaper Laundry is sponsoring the III Diaper Carnival and this one is all about Traveling with Cloth Diapers. I have only been cloth diapering for about six months now and I thought I would share the many stories I have. You see, my family lives near by but my husbands is over two hours away. So, since my daughter was born in March, she's 28 weeks today, we've made five trips to visit and making another one tomorrow. Let me tell you, they haven't been all that bad.

The first three times were a bit difficult because I did not have a wet bag. On the drive up we had to stop three times to change the baby. I got some of those diaper bag things that come all wrapped up from a friend. So I could stuff about four of them in one. We were putting the diapers in the trunk, which I now know was the wrong thing to do, and by the time we got there they stunk up the trunk bad! I went in the house and rinsed them right away and washed and dried them all right before we left.

During our stay it would be fine because we would have breakfast and most of the time lunch, so I would just put all the diapers in a trash bag. And when we did go out it wouldn't be more than two hours, so I'd just take one diaper and one cover in my purse so I wouldn't carry so much. We did go to the beach one time and I packed one extra and some clothes just in case we did dip her in the water. It ended up being way to windy, but the water was pretty warm. We just got her feet wet. I hated all the sand though.

Now, with the other times we went with out diaper bag it was way easier We'd just take the wetbag with us where ever we'd go and make sure we'd have at least two prefolds and an extra cover. This time I'm going to take both my wetbags and leave one in the room and one in the diaper bag.

I use prefolds, and I think that they take up a bit more less space than AIO, I would just roll them up and push them all the way down the bag. Now that I have a wetbag, two of them, I can fit upto 10 prefolds in them. I could see why an AIO might be a bit better to use thought because you'd just take it off and use a new one. I'm just not there yet. Well, I actually don't have a buget for them right now. I've got about 25 pre-folds, actually haven't counted them all yet. I paid about $30 tops for all of them and about the same for the covers I have.

Anyways, traveling with cloth diapers has been not all that hard. It would be easier if you had a washer that you could use. We stayed at my husbands uncle house and he'd let us use his washer. We live in deep south texas and don't think there are many diaper services here in Texas, but I'm not sure. I wonder if there is any diaper services for Disney World? And I'd think prefolds might be better for small trips that way you just take 2 or 3 covers and save space.

If you have a cloth diaper story about traveling or need to know what the options you have or read other stories head on over the Dirty Diaper Laundry and join the carnival and read some of the links at the bottom of the post HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement atx austin baby baby led weaning baby number 4 baby wearing BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news nicu no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining preemie pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas thanksgiving the view thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week