Wednesday, September 30

Wednesday Wisdom ~ Purse Organization

Hello mama's,

Wednesdays are usually a off day for me. By this day I am tired of getting up early and doing my whole "Morning" routine. During the summer around 10am I would take a nap, but no more naps! It's fall! There's things to do. I love reorganizing everything during winter, but I thought I'd get a head start today when I read OrgJunkie.com post about Organizing your purse. I really was time for a 'purse dumping'. So I got to it right away. Thanks for the inspiration Laura!

Plus, this blog is called The Mommy Blog, so here is something for all you mommies! I'm also going to organize my diaper bag, so keep a look out for that one!

This is what my purse looked like this morning:
Photobucket
First off, I never buy myself a purse, even though I love them. When I do get a new purse, it's hubby that buys it for me. *thought bubble, I love him* The current purse I am currently using I got from my aunt as a hand-me down. No offense, but it's like she's ANTI-FRUGAL. She shops and shops, but she does give to the needy (me) every once in a while. Teeeheee. This is a coach purse and I love it because it has 3 compartments and one side has a zipper and the other has 3 other pockets. I also love that the snaps are magnetized as well, always good. Also, if I ever lose it if someone finds it they can just put it in the mail and it has the return address on the purse tag and then coach will send it back to me, well, my aunt.

So, I had actually been planning to start organizing early this year... I've actually already got all the winter clothes out and put up the summer. And I also bought some organization stuff during back-to-school shopping back in August. That was also tax-free weekend here in Texas. I bought some pencil cases at Office Depot for $0.01! Well, here is what I got together to use:
Photobucket

My purse was really unorganized. I put in some money to buy some groceries last week and I couldn't find the money, I had to use a credit card, which I hate. But as soon as I got home I found the money at the bottom of the purse. It's so aggravating. SO here is each compartment so you can see how messy it's been.



I got everything organized in piles. My make-up, pens, pencils and colors, hair stuff, paper, gift cards and customer cards, coupons and change. Here's a pic:
Photobucket

After I got everything together I tried to figure out what I would use for what, I still might change some things... I'm using the pencil box for pencils (for DD when she does her homework somewhere besides home), small coin purse for hair accessories, ipod and scissors for when I find coupons, a bigger pouch for my make-up, small photo album for my extra gift cards, biz cards and pics, baby food jar for coins and that's it. I use to have a face cream car for my coins, but it disappeared! I use to get compliments on it all the time. I really don't like the jar because it's heavy. I'll have to find something else.
Photobucket Photobucket

So, with everything filled and ready to go in I wiped my purse and sprayed some perfume inside, yum! Everything went it. There was one thing that I didn't know where to put. My purse is wide, but not that wide. The button wouldn't close. So I put it inside the side zipper and it fit great!. I might just get rid of the pouch and just use the zipper! lol. That size zipper isn't ideal though because it's just loose fabric, everything will just fall to the bottom.

Here are the results! I love it. I went to wake up hubby (yes he was still asleep) to show him. He didn't care! lol
Photobucket
Photobucket

So, if ya'll get inspired and write your own blog about how you organized your purse head on over to OrgJunkie.com and submit your linky. She's hold a giveaway as well for two great organizing magazines.

3 comments:

  1. That is just awesome! Way to go and it cracked me up that you woke up hubby...he he...I can just imagine how impressed he was LOL.

    Thanks for participating :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. I need to do something so that it's easy to switch from one purse to another without forgetting anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice...my purse it due for a dumping and reorganization!

    And amusingly enough...the word verification on this comment is "pures". "Purse" reorganized! Hee hee...I crack myself up.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?

Labels

#flatschallenge #gotitfree #MAAM #mam #momfail #teamannies #wbn2013 2015 2016 2weekchallenge 30 day challenge 31days 365 Project 4th of july 6 week challenge 9/11 a time to give ABE about me advice All About Me annaleah announcement atx austin baby baby led weaning baby number 4 baby wearing BAMBOO PINK beauty behavior bento birthday birthday bash blog blog award blog everyday blog hop blog party blogging carnival Blogorama 2011 bluebonnets bogo book club book review bootcamp breakfast business bzzagent c25k cafemom carnival CD challenge challenge children christmasfacebookchallenge clearance clever girls cloth diapers combo loco contest corn maze coupon coupons craft credit CTWW CVS daddy daybook deals n steals diaper tip tuesday DIY diy toddler do something donate dvd review earth day easter eco friendly Eco Nuts eco-friendly education eliada enter to win event events everyday living exercise extra entries fabulous mami facebook fall family family-friendly farmers markets fashion series favorite feature first blog post first day of school fitness fluff talk thursday following friday foo food for mom for the home free freecycle frontera audubon frugal fun in the sun garden gardening gcdc gift cards gift ideas give giveaway gmo gmo-free going green event green green detergent green tip tuesday guest post halloween harlingen haul health healthy healthy tuesday HEB help hiking hispanic history hol holi holiday home remedy homemade Homemaker Monday hot topics how to Hubs ibotta icecream idea ihop improving birth improvingbirth.org improvingbirth13 influenster instagram internet jarritos job just write kid-friendly kindness krgv labor day latinfoodfest13 lenten recipe life update linky lists litter free lunch challenge local lowe's lunch Make a wish making memories mam mamapedia mamasource mamavation mamavation tv march against monsanto match match-up me time meme menu menu plan monday mexican mfp milestone moby MOM ACROSS AMERICA mom bloggers club mom life mom of 3 girls momsmeet momtv monday must-sees mother movie mtv music my girls my life my style my time myblogspark mystery shopping newborn week news nicu no internet o2o odd topic tuesday offer online oprah organic organize organizing challenge other pampers parenting people's climate march periscope permaculture personal photography pinterest play time plus size points pottytraining preemie pregnancy pregnancy journal press release pro life project lunch box challenge purex purex fresh bluebonnet purex insiders q and a reading list real diaper week rebate recipes recycle religion remedies resolution restaurant restaurant reviews reuse revew review reviews rewards rgv right to choose sale saturday save say hi sunday scentsy school series shespeaks shopping social insiders south texas sparkle people speech therapy sponsor sponsored spring break sprouts staycation suggestions summer summer blog challenge Sundays in my city sweepstakes texas thanksgiving the view thursday night special tips toddler toddler talk thursday toddler trouble toddlers tv twitter twitter moms twitter party TX Summer unadvertised deals upcycle update vacation valentines VEDA vicky's deals video Vlog VLOGGING PROMPTS vlogmas vma vote wahm walgreens waste free wedding wednesday wisdom week of green weekly deals weight weight loss wendy's weslaco win winners wool Wordless Wednesday world book night world food day writers workshop writing promps writing prompts WUC year in review yoga young living youtube ytmm yvette zero waste week